he was different

Yes, he was different

But there was nothing wrong with being different. 

Jake had always been raised as different - not superior in any particular way - just different from all the other boys. He wasn't cool or hot like the other boys, he didn't know how to style is hair in a good way or how to take good selfies. Back in Australia, they never did that - they did but Jake was different so he didn't do it. 

Quickly scurrying inside the classroom, Jake took a seat by the two familiar faces who helped him yesterday. The blond-haired boy who sat behind the brown-haired one leaned towards him, eyes trained on Jake's hair. 

      'Is that your natural hair colour?' he asked, referring to Jake's black hair. 

Smiling, Jake answered, 'yeah.'

      'It's gorgeous,' he commented, lips curling into a small smile. 

Looking around the classroom, Jake noticed he was the only one with black hair - everyone else had either dyed it or bleached it. 

He truly was different. 

The blond boy took hold of Jake's hair, pressing their cheeks together. 

      'See, this is the colour I want,' he spoke to the brown-haired boy.

      'This is Jay,' the brown-haired boy introduced the blond one. 'He's almost too American to function.'

      'Nice to meet you...' Jake trailed off with a nervous laugh. 

      'Nice wig Heeseung, what's it made of?' a boy asked, walking past the brown-haired boy with a teasing smirk. 

      'Your mum's chest hair!' Heeseung retorted, glancing over his shoulder at the random boy. 

Turning his attention back to Jake, the brown-haired boy introduced himself. 'I'm Heeseung,' he said. 

      'Hi... I'm Jake,' Jake introduced himself, another nervous laugh tumbling from his lips. 'Do you guys know where room G14 is?'

Jay snatched the paper from Jake's hand, not bothering to ask him. Jake figured it was an American thing - since, Jay was too American to function. 

      'Health... Tuesday, Thursday room G14,' he read out loud, Heeseung giving him a knowing look. 

      'I think... that's in the back building,' Heeseung said, giving Jay a small look. 

Jay's eyes lit up. 'Oh yeah that's in the back building,' he said, giving Jake a small smile. 

      'Yeah we'll take you there,' Heeseung reassured Jake, a friendly smile painting his lips.

Surely there wasn't anything suspicious about that. No, of course not.  They would take him to the backbuilding. Jay and Heeseung seemed like good people, especially Jay who was also a foreigner like him.