𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3: 𝑾𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆

The music started and already they could tell this song wouldn't be as happy as the last. They looked and saw the moment where they took the family photo only this time they noticed Mirabel wasn't in it.

Don't be upset or mad at all
Don't feel regret or sad at all
Hey, I'm still a part of the family, Madrigal
And I'm fine, I am totally fine
I will stand on the side as you shine
I'm not fine, I'm not fine

"Mirabel, what's going on?" her mama asked staring at her daughter with concern 

"Nothing mama don't worry about it." Mirabel didn't want to lie to her mother but she couldn't let any of them know. She wanted to leave. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Dolores staring at her with the same concern as her mother.

"Is this about the picture?" Doloras asked but before she could answer the song continued.

I can't move the mountains
I can't make the flowers bloom
I can't take another night up in my room
Waiting on a miracle

Everyone got quiet after that verse turning to look towards Mirabel. The latter however couldn't bring herself to make eye contact with them and continued to stare down. She could feel the looks of pity radiating from them.

The younger generation knew Mirabel was treated less than the rest of them because of her not having a gift yet they never did anything to stop what was happening. The thought itself made them feel sad for the girl.

I can't heal what's broken
Can't control the morning rain or a hurricane
Can't keep down the unspoken invisible pain
Always waiting on a miracle, a miracle

Pepa and Julieta thought about the treatment towards Mirabel. It reminded them of Bruno and how he was an outcast from the family since his gift didn't help anyone. 

Julieta looked at her brother then towards her youngest daughter noticing the looks of sadness in both of them. She even noticed the tears welling up in Mirabel's eyes.

Always walking alone
Always wanting for more
Like I'm still at that door longing to shine
Like all of you shine

Once again everyone felt pity for her. Antonio started crying for his prima. She was with him through everything and in his best moment, he forgot her.

All I need is a change
All I need is a chance
All I know is I can't stay on the side
Open your eyes, open your eyes, open your eyes

Abuela looked at herself on the screen despite her outer appearance she felt ashamed for letting this happen to her family. Before Mirabel's gift ceremony they were close but then she shamed and treated her differently for not having a gift.  

I would move the mountains
Make new trees and flowers grow
Someone please just let me know, where do I go?
I am waiting on a miracle, a miracle

Luisa and Isabela looked at each other than towards their sister. They knew they were partly at fault. Instead of being there for her when didn't get a gift they either weren't there or just treating her badly. They caught themselves up in chores and trying to remain perfect that they weren't there for her.

I would heal what's broken
Show this family something new
Who I am inside, so what can I do?
I'm sick of waiting on a miracle, so here I go

'You'll never get a miracle'

'You're wasting everyone's time'

'You can't do anything to help this family'

Mirabel was drowning in her thoughts as they keep getting darker she was scaring herself with them. Her Tio looked at her and wrapped an arm around her in a comforting manner. It helped a little but her thoughts were still there.

I am readyCome on, I'm ready
I've been patient, and steadfast, and steady
Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago
When you gave us a miracle

Bruno looked at his niece once more he saw a lot of himself in her. They both were outcasted from their family and thought of leaving. 

He knew what she was planning and knew he couldn't let her. He was going to do whatever he could to make sure she stayed.

Am I too late for a miracle?

The song ended and the Marigals looked towards Mirabel.

"Mirabel we need to talk about this" Julieta said to her daughter. 

"Theres nothing to talk about everything is fine." Mirabel said lying to her mother trying to convince her so she could drop the topic

"Everything is not fine, if it was that song wouldn't exists. Mirabel you need to talk to us." This time Agustín was trying to get her to open up.

"IM FINE!" Mirabel yelled 

"It's not fine, you  were leaving..."