First Day of Work

Sun picked up the child and brought him over to where I was standing.

"This is y/n! She's going to be helping out in the Daycare from now on! Y/n this is Quinn! He's a little shy! Although your shorter so maybe he'll warm up to you quicker!" He set Quinn down on his feet, who promptly flopped over onto the floor and laid in the fetal position.

"What was that about my height?" I glared up at Sun a bit who only tilted his head a bit.

"That you're... shorter...?" He scratched at his frills a bit as I gave him a blank expression, "OH! I didn't mean it like that I just meant shorter than me, I really didn't think of it that way I'm really sorry, I didn't want to offend you in any way I was just trying to get him to open up a bit mo-" I cut him off a bit,

"It's okay Sun, is Quinn okay?" I shrugged it off and patted his shoulder with a cheery expression and looked down at the shaking child.

"Yeah, he's usually like this... he doesn't like me much..." Sun tries to reach for Quinn, who only wiggles his way backwards a bit.

"Hey buddy it's alright..." I picked him up and he swiftly wrapped his arms around my neck and hid his gaze from Sun.

"Awwww... no fair..." Sun pouted verbally?

"It's okay Sun," I chuckled, "he'll come around, he's probably just used to being with his parents. How long has he been coming here?"

"About three days... I haven't gotten him to open up at all..." Sun looked down at his feet with is entire head.

"Well I think we can fix that-" I was interrupted by the sounds of more children's voices as multiple crashing sounds came from the ball pit.

"More friends!" Sun cheered out and speedily skipped over to the ball pit.

The place was quickly flooded as both entrances where now open and there were kids of all ages and heights. Quinn gripped at my shirt as the sounds of children increased, "This way kids!" Sun waved and brought everyone over to the center area near the dest and had them sit on the multicolored floor. After everyone had settled I set Quinn down at my feet who had just clung to my leg instead.

"Alrighty roo! We'll get the fun started in a minute, but first we have to go over some rules!" Sun cheered as some kids booed. "Oh no! Rules are important so we can all have fun, but safely! First make sure the lights stay on! So no one go near the dull and boring grey lightswitch on the wall by the doors! Next this here, next to me is our new helper! Y/n! Be nice to them and make sure you follow their directions if they give you any okay! Also no hitting, eating without permission, and keep your hands to yourself! Now go take off your shoes and put them in the cubbies so we can start our day of fun!" At his direction the horde of kids got up and sprinted at the cubbies, some taking off their shoes before getting up and others taking them off as they ran.

"You're not too bad at this, huh?" I looked over at Sun jokingly.

"Some would say I'm an expert, or that I was... made for it!" He said half joking- half cockily. I only rolled my eyes and looked down at the now, softly crying Quinn.

"C'mon buddy we gotta get your shoes off." I picked him up and carried him over to the cubbies as Sun followed me closely behind. I set Quinn down and he did what he had to. "So what's the plan big man?"

"Big man... oh me!" He chuckled. "Since there are two of us I was hoping we could split the kids by age!"

"Hmm, okay. Which half am I getting..." I crossed my fingers behind my back hoping I would get the older half.

"You can have the elder group if that's okay?" He spun his head around and waved his hands.

"YEAH BUDDY!" I yelled rather loudly. It was Sun's turn to take a slight step back from my enthusiasm.