She's just a friend

ADELINE P.O.V

We finally got to where he was taking me it was this beach, not the one by our houses but a private beach resort. It was beautiful the sun was just setting and he gave me a dress to put on "here it's Rydel's just change in the back of the car I have to go do something"

I didn't think that this dress would fit me it looked to tiny after all Rydel is fairly skinny unlike me.

I fit it on and surprisingly it was a perfect fit. it was pretty nice, a knee length, (that flowed at the bottom) red strapless heart shape dress with white polka dots. It kind of reminded me of Minnie Mouse I then found a purse and some red high heels to go along with it I'm sure Rydel wouldn't mind if I borrowed this.

"Ok come wit- holy crow you look amazing!" Ross stares me down for second then helps me out of the car. I didn't understand why we were so fancy was this a date? "Right this way my lady he lead me to this blanket that was set on the sand around a whole bunch of lanterns. "Ross are we having a picnic on the beach?" I stopped for a minute and thought about it, he shook his head "yup" I was screaming inside, a picnic on this private beach with a cute guy how awesome is this.

Ross was so sweet "I can't believe you would do something like this for me it's so nice" "well Adeline I think your a pretty great girl I don't know you well but I feel like this can be the start of something new" I blushed. "Um yes! Totally after this, you out did yourself thanks" it was just so strange to see a total stranger I didn't even know a month ago giving me all of this.

"Oh and also I wanted to give you this neckless it's kind of a 'starting to be friends neckless', I mean I thought we were already friends the day we met but just to make it official". He gave me this beautiful neckless that was kind of like those split heart necklaces where you would get one half of the heart and the other person would get the other half. But instead it was one of those happy and sad masks from acting that had diamonds on it. "I love it ross" I leaned in and gave him a big hug.

He must of liked it because he hugged back.

"Which half do you want the happy mask or sad?" I was happy so I took the happy mask. This felt like a part from high school musical where Troy and Gabriella are in the filed having a picnic, although it was in a beach and it was dark.

I thought this was very romantic and it felt so clique but it was real.

He had his ipod and speakers out "ready to dance?" He held out his hand and picked me up while putting some music on. "Um I don't slow dance ross it's not that I don't like it, it's just I'm not good at it" I sigh.

I pull away but he grabs my hand "sure you are never say never, just go slow I'll teach you". I felt so stupid he was teaching me everything at this point like how to surf an now how to slow dance.

"Ready follow my lead one foot backwards, to the side and back to the front" after a few moments I finally got it. "There you go! Now was that hard?" He pulled me in closer and I knew where this was going. I think ross liked me.

Not just as friend I think more.

Like a girlfriend.

And I liked him back.

It didn't help that the song in the background was all romantic and slow.

But I was still curious about that girl at his house earlier today "um ross can I ask you something?" I back up to see his big brown eyes looking at me. "Who was that girl at your house today I saw her leaving and you guys seemed like you knew each other well" he let go of my hands "Adeline don't worry she's just My friend and co star, Laura she's ally from austin and ally" I look at him with a whole bunch of weight lifted of my shoulders and a look of relief.

"Come on let's keep dancing Ross changed the song to a more up beat, fun. We just jumped and danced around the beach like little kids it was nice we were the only ones there.

Just then I trip on my heels and fall into ross (embarrassing much) hd picks me up and looks into my eyes and I look into his.

We lean in and I realized what was happening we were gonna kiss I had to top it before it was to late.

"Wow ross, um look at the time it's like 12:30 am we should probably get going" I wanted to kiss him so badly but my mind wasn't in sync with my heart. My body said go for it! But my mind said no! It's to early.

"Yeah we should go" ross turns off the music and starts to pack up I go back to the car and change into my original outfit.

ROSS P.O.V

as we lean in close I feel the rush coming I think we might just skip the friend zone and go right into relationship mode.

Just as we were so close she stops me.

I was ready, obviously she wasn't or else she would of took tho plunge. With my lips puckered up she turns her head away from me and I open my eyes. (Well this is embarrassing) Swallowing my saliva she starts to speak "wow ross, um look at the time it's 12:30 am we shook probably go" she was right.

I started to pack up everything and she went back to the car I was confused on why she didn't kiss me everything was going just fine... So I thought.

Did I do something wrong?

Did I say something?

Maybe she just doesn't like me in that way, maybe she doesn't feel the spark like I do.

Maybe being friends is the best thing we can be right now.