Kiss it up!

ADELINE P.O.V

"Thank you" i take the plate of stake and lobster from the waitress and I dig in. "Woah. Someone was hungry" ross looks at me stuffing my face with lobster. I sake my head yes, and I take a drink of water. When I was done swallowing I wipe my mouth "sorry I must of looked like a pig. So how is you dinner?"

I look at his plate and he just has a classic stake, backed potato and Caesar salad. "Good, very good" he says stuffing his face. I guess I wasn't the only one who was a messy eater, that's why we were perfect for each other. It was weird because we were totally alike sometimes but then other times we were like the opposite and I don't know if that whole 'opposites attract' really was true. I mean no one is the the exact opposite and no one is like exact same, not even twins.

Any who, after that little convo with myself I look down at my purse and I see that Katie texted me three times "oh shit!" I whisper to myself.

8:45
Katie: Adeline were not taking about anything

9:07
Hello? I'm in the bathroom meet me here.

9:20
Were just finishing up dinner. Thanks a lot. - . -

Wow. I didn't even see the texts or hear my phone buzz. Even on vibrate it was pretty loud. I guess ross saw the horrid look on my face because he seemed pretty concerned. "Babe are you ok? You look worried" he puts his hand on my wrist across the table and I smile back to him "yeah, yeah I'm fine no big deal".

Even know it was a big deal!

Adeline: Katie I'm so SORRY! I didn't see any of the texts until now when you just sent me the one at 9:20 Are you still here? Let's go to the bathroom and chat.

I felt so bad I hope she didn't leave and I hope this didn't ruin anything between her and Ryland. I should been there for her but at the same time it's her and ryland's problem, not mine. Plus I am having an awesome time with ross and I can't be getting up and leaving every 5 seconds.

Katie: sure I guess :/

"Are you guys done here?" The waitress comes by and gathers up are plates that were empty. "Yes, thank you" ross says looking at the dessert menu. "I'm assuming you guys would like dessert?" She gives ross and me that are look and are mouth start to water. What's a perfect dinner date without dessert. "YES PLEASE" we both say at the same time. "Ok I'll give you time to order then" the waitress takes off and we look at the menu. "So do you want to share something?" Ross glances over at me.

"Sure. I'm really eyeing up the chocolate thunder from down under" which was this moist, heaven like brownie with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. To top it all off it had a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

"Ok" he looked at the pic of the chocolate thunder from down under and his eyes lite up like a kid on Christmas morning. He obviously thought it looked yummy, and indeed it was.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom. If the waitress comes by tell her what we want and get me another lemonade please" as I get up the waitress arrives "hi are you guys ready?" She looks down getting a note pad out and I slowly walk away.

"Hey I'm here... Katie are you still in here?" I look around and all the stalls were empty except for the one at the end that had been looked. There was no feet hanging down so I assumed that no one was in here. "Yeah I'm in the stall at the end" then I hear a voice and the stall that was unlocked opens.

I walk over and Katie is crouched up on the toilet seat with her legs huddled into her chest. That's why I couldn't see her feet under the stall.

Her mascara was running and she looked like a wreak "oh Katie come here" I give her a big hug and I feel some tears hit my shoulder. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not seeing your texts and being there" I whisper into her head patting her back. "It's. Ok." She says sniffling. We end the hug and I grab her a tissue to wipe her nose and fix up her makeup. "Good thing I brought this" I hand her my emergency make up kit so that she can get dolled up again.