f i v e

Me and Zoe were helping Becky with the hay when Sam came up to us.

'Zoe, Aubrey.'

'Yeah.' Zoe said.

'Can I have a word?' Sam asked.

'Yeah.' I told her, dropping the hay I was just carrying making Becky fall ontop of it on the floor. She brought us to her office where moody horse boy was stood. She told us Mia wanted Luna and Raven for pictures so to tack them up.

'You want them tacked up?' Moody boy asked.

'Yeah. Mia's not gonna ride them but she does want to sit on Raven for a photo and only a photo.' I saw Zoe take a sigh of relief. Probably because Mia doesn't want to sit on Luna.

'This is ridiculous.' Moody boy complained.

'Yeah, tell me about it.' Sam agreed.
'But if we don't, Mia's dad could pull his money and we'd be bankrupt.'

'And you think putting these tourists in the arena is gonna help?' He asked.
I crossed my arms and gave him a look which he didn't see but I swear he was testing my patience.

'They're a lot calmer when they are about. Also, Marcus isn't here to assist you.' Sam told him.

'So, quick recap. You want me and Zoe to stand in a field while moody horse boy is yelling at Raven and Luna, making them really angry.' I said.

'Yep, basically.' Sam said.

'Okay. Just checking.' I replied arma still crossed and staring at this guy with a look that could kill if I had that power. He walked out followed by Zoe. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

'Calm.' I said to myself, walking out of the office.

________________

'So, I know we didn't get off to a great start, but seeing as we're gonna be working together, whatever. I was kind of hoping we could-- .'
Raven and Luna started making a lot of noise and got startled by something which made them move to the side.

'I was kind if hoping we all could start over, you know?' She finished. I looked at her but looked back at my nails. I really need to get them redone.
'I'm Zoe. And I just-- .'

'Pass me the lunge rope and try not to get yourselves killed.' He cut her off.

'Could at least have been polite.' I muttered to Zoe.
'I'm nearly on my final straw with him.'

Moody horse boy went over and tied up Luna and Raven on the back fence whilst me and Zoe went over to get lunge ropes. Zoe picked up a rope and asked.

'Is it this?'

He nodded and went back to sorting the two horses out. I picked up the other and held it out waiting for him to grab it. He grabbed both and I noticed both horses were kicking the ground.

'Before you start, this is to get them used to the feeling of having something on their back.' Moody boy told us.

'Hm. Wasn't gonna start.' Zoe replied.

'I would've.' I whispered to her which made her smile.

Moody horse boy tried 2 times to do it but both times both horses got startled and moved.

'Woah. Looks like we got our work cut out, huh?' Zoe laughed. No reply. Wow.
'Look, okay. I don't know your problem is with us. All I know is they pick up on vibes, so we all need to start getting along, otherwise he won't be ready for the photo shoot. I suggest we start over, okay? I'm Zoe. How's it going?' Zoe stuck her hand out but Moody boy just eyed her and walked back to the horses. I was mad now. My fists clenched which Zoe noticed and she took me over to the equipment.