I heard him first, before I layed eyes on him standing next to Laurie in her room. I wasn't surprised.

I walked in on them on her third day here, she pulled rather fast.

After a slow morning of coffee and cigarettes, my father started to complain about the absentness of Laurie. I wasn't surprised that she didn't want to eat breakfast with us every morning, however, I made my way up the spiral staircase.

They left me no choice.

The quietness from her room was the first sign that something was up. I should have ran back downstairs and just said.

She must have gone for a walk. It's a beautiful day outside.

or

She must be busy, can i have another egg? fried please.

But instead I peeked through the door at first, to no reveal to be honest. I didn't see a thing through that small crack. Which made me quite relieved to the fact that when I lay in this bed with a man, no one can see us either.

I didn't knock. I just budged, which is never the answer.

I walked in to her hand over her mouth, holding back her whines as he slowly finished inside of her, I assume as he let out the most exhilarated exhale of man kind.

I wanted to say, that was a good orgasm, I can tell.

But instead I stood, just watching like an idiot.

A part of her wanted to invite me in, I assume. But the other wanted to shout and scream at me.

Instead, she pushed him away from her.

"What is it ma belle?" He says, that line always works on Americans that stay with us for the summer.

He always ends up in their pants, always. I wanted her to feel bad, but also ashamed. I wanted her to feel indifferent. She's not special, to him anyway.

"Again? Sebastian!" I shout at him as if we're friends. As if I've walked on him before. Which they are only half true.

We're in the same friend group so, half friends. And i've listened to him fuck every American that's stayed in this villa for the past three odd years so, half caught before.

"frappe à la porte avant d'entrer, salope!"

"Anything you want to say, at least say it so she can understand it," I point to her, she's pulling her shirt over her head, "If you guys know each other that well that you think it's okay to fuck in my bed! avez-vous déjà entendu parler des limites?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Is all I hear on my way out, suddenly I lost my appetite.

Now on her second week here, he must have been wanting a second round of ms. Laurie.

Makes me question if they've done in again after I walked in.

I open the door, too much shouting at such an early time.

I want to tell them.

Some people are trying to sleep, you know.

But am greeted with him having one hand on her right face cheek. Tears roll down her sodden neck, to him hitting her.

"S'IL TE PLAÎT, ARRÊTE!" I shout, running over to her, I push him onto the ground. He most likely been repeating this action for the past half an hour. Her face is raw. Skin nearly broken enough to bleed.

Once he is on the floor I turn my attention back to her.

"s'il te plait ne pleure pas tu es trop jolie pour pleurer." I stroke her back, she shakes in my arms, on my bed. I wonder if I got under the covers I could smell her.