Chapter 10

A/N: Thank you for all of the reviews for the last chapter! I hope you guys like this one!

Disclaimer: I, of course, don't own the Vampire Diaries. Never have, never will. I'm just playing around with the story!

-TNOF-

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story," Stefan says to Elena. Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Rose all sit in the living room of the Salvatore boarding house, listening to Rose tell Elena about Klaus.

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot," Rose says, her smooth British accent growing thicker with her frustration.

"Alright, we're shaking. You made your point," Damon scoffs, and Rose glares at him.

"Look, if you don't believe me, I understand," she says to him, and turns to look at Stefan. "Ask your friend Sofia. She'll tell you."

"Yeah, that's a good idea, except none of us know where the hell she went," Damon says.

"We haven't heard from her since she went to see Elijah's body last night," Stefan says, and Rose avoids eye contact with the Salvatore brothers and Elena. She knows for a fact that Elijah isn't actually dead. She knows that it takes more than a simple stake to kill an original vampire. And she knows for an even greater fact of the close friendship between Sofia and Elijah, and that she's probably with him as they speak.

"We can call her. She always picks up her phone when I call," Elena says, taking her phone out of her pocket. She scrolls through her contacts and finds Sofia's name, and presses the call button.

Sofia pulls the phone out of her pocket, and looks at the screen, sighing when she sees that it's Elena calling. She looks at Elijah who is sitting across the table from her, looking at his phone, drinking coffee.

"Yes, Elena?" Sofia answers the phone, and Elijah glances at her.

"Hey, Sofia," Elena says, putting Sofia on speaker phone so that everyone can hear her and talk to her.

"What can I help you with?" she asks.

"Where are you?" Stefan asks.

"Just tying up a few loose ends with an old friend," she says, cryptically, and Elijah smirks. "I'll be back soon."

"Okay, well... Rose is here," Elena says, and Sofia raises her eyebrows.

"And she's just been telling us about, big bad Klaus," Damon says sarcastically, and Sofia bites down on her lower lip, looking at Elijah who now looks more interested in their conversation.

"They don't think he's real," Rose says bluntly.

"Oh, he's definitely real," Sofia says, balling her free hand into a tight fist. There's a silence on the other line.

"How do you know?" Stefan asks, and Sofia looks at Elijah who nods.

"We used to be friends," she says casually.

"Friends?" Damon asks, frowning.

"Pretty good friends, actually," Sofia says. "For a couple of centuries. Listen, I have to go, I'm pretty busy, but I'll talk to you all when I get back. Listen to what Rose tells you, she's been around for about as long as I have. Speaking of, we'll have to catch up when I get back Rose. It's been a while."

"Yes, it has," Rose says, smiling. Sofia chuckles and hangs up, stuffing her phone back into her pocket.

"So Elena now knows about Klaus," Sofia muses to herself.