Chapter I

For all her life, Calliope has lived in the Illyrian steppes. And yet, the cold still seemed to flay the flesh from her bones. 

She supposed she harbored some natural resistance to the weather, having been surrounded by it her whole life. But no one could resist Ramiel's wrath when the wind was cutting. 

The bite to her sensitive, membranous wings was especially bitter in the early morning of her 500th name day. Cal had a tradition with herself every year on this dreadful day, she would rise early; hours before the sun breached Ramiel's peak, she would take flight for some semblance of peace. The world blanketed in white always created an ambiance of silence, like you were the only one awake in a world trapped in slumber. It was always the calm before the storm. 

She cherished this moment, she hadn't been in Wind Haven in well over 200 years. Her father had her sent to join Keir's DarkBringer legion in the Court of Nightmares. His hope was to make his daughter a weapon, a weapon he could use if he was ever going to make good on the uprising he's been planning for years.

 Cal knew he only allowed her to be trained like a warrior because he was afraid. Terrified of her power, of what she could do if she ever betrayed him. 

Shadows danced across the tips of her wings, swirling around her neck to whisper in her delicately arched ears. They whispered news of her father, of how he grew increasingly frustrated with her tardiness. Cal smirked in amusement, it never was difficult to get under her fathers skin. It was always something she enjoyed, normally it would result in lashings. Now the old toad was too unnerved by her presence to upset her. Something that never ceased to boost her ego. 

Deciding to put her father out of his misery, Calliope changed her direction of travel towards camp.

 She knew why her father was especially moody, the High Lord had sent word a few days ago of his visit to check on the progress of the training for the females. Nothing good was to come of this little reunion. She had never met the High Lady, the Lord on the other hand she'd met once, and it was not something she liked to re-live. 

And yet, her presence was demanded by her father. She knew why she was summoned though. To instill fear into the rulers, to inform them that her father had his own weapon, and was allied with Keir.

 Cal knew that eventually all that planning would be used at some point, she just wished she had more time to make her father suffer before she revealed her own plans. 

This meeting would indeed be eventful. 

A/N 

oooo my girl Calli talkin sheeeet. love it

P.S the foreshadowing ahhhh

Love ya beeches, mwah <3