16. Jiyong (M)

I woke up the next morning to the smell of something delicious coming from the kitchen. I could hear music playing and Jisoo giggling. Both warmed my soul. Gaho was no longer next to me.

Dara didn’t stay in my room because she hadn’t wanted Jisoo to wake up in a strange place without her. She’d gone to bed not long after our session on the couch. I’d stayed up for some time, my brain too wired to rest.

I felt like she couldn’t catch a break. Between the break-in and the test results, it seemed like the universe was out to get Dara. I couldn’t fight the universe, but I could at least give her and Jisoo a safe place to stay.

After I managed to get to the bathroom to freshen up, I wandered into the kitchen.

Dara was busy at the stove, flipping pancakes. There was a plate of cut fruit sitting on the counter. I was surprised she’d been able to pull together a decent breakfast with what little I had in the fridge.

Jisoo sat at the table in her highchair, devouring her food while Gaho sat patiently off to the side, waiting for scraps. The scene was the epitome of domestic comfort, and I found myself never wanting it to disappear.

Dara was wearing shorts and an oversized T-shirt, and her thick curls were pulled up in a ponytail on top of her head. When she saw me in the doorway, she threw me a wide smile. “Good morning. I was just about to wake you up. Breakfast is ready.”

I smiled back and crossed the room to stand by her side. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her in close, nuzzling her temple before placing a soft kiss there. “I like seeing you when I wake up.”

Her cheeks flushed red, and she leaned into me, pressing her body against mine for a few very enjoyable seconds. Turning and making sure Jisoo wasn’t watching, I slid my hand under her shirt. She wasn’t wearing a bra, and I allowed my hand to rest on her bare breast. I brushed my fingertip over her swelling nipple and enjoyed the soft little sigh that escaped her lips before she pulled away, giving me a “not out here” look. “And I like seeing you first thing in the morning.” She smiled at me seductively.

I ducked my head to try and kiss her, but she stepped back, shoving a plate into my hand. “Eat.” She raised a sexy eyebrow, almost in a commanding expression. “You have work soon.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I didn’t move an inch, enjoying the view of her hard nipples pressing against the thin fabric of her shirt. My cock stirred at the thought of what I would do to Dara later.

“Eat,” she repeated, smiling. “You have work soon.” On my way to the table, I pinched her ass. She retaliated by hitting me with a dish towel.

Grinning (like an idiot), I took a seat next to Jisoo, who was in the process of picking up a large piece of pancake. Out of nowhere, Gaho snatched it from her hand, causing her to break out into tears.

“Gaho! No!” I scolded as the dog ran into the other room with his prize. “He’ll eat anything,” I said to Dara before I followed Gaho and took what was left of the pancake from him. I then put him in the bedroom and closed the door, my face firm as I gave him a final, “Bad dog. Stay.”

Dara slipped a fresh pancake in front of Jisoo, which seemed to distract her enough from her stolen food. As she sat across from me, I was again struck by the familial comfort that had developed between the three of us. Having them in my home felt natural.

After she’d taken a bite of bacon, Dara realized I was staring and gave me a funny look. “What’s wrong?”

Nothing, nothing at all, I thought. I just never want to be without you.