11. Dara

Jiyong didn't leave until after I'd put Jisoo to bed.

Part of me wanted him to stay so we could spend more time together. If a relationship was going to work between us, I needed to set boundaries for myself. I knew if he stayed the night, there was no possible way I could resist him. I'd end up going back on everything I said about taking it slow. Of course I wanted him. Hell, I fantasized about it, but it was too soon.

That didn't stop me from going in for another kiss as I showed him to the door. Being wrapped in his arms pushed my anxiety away, and I didn't want it to end. His teeth nipped playfully at my lower lip before his tongue soothed the spot. I opened for him, moaning softly as his tongue met mine.

What had started as a simple kiss began to transform into something more. His arms tightened, and my hand found its way into his hair, digging through the strands as I pulled him closer. I could feel the unmistakable bulge of his cock swelling against my thigh.

"Down, boy." I reluctantly pushed at his chest ... just a little. Shit! This was going to be hard.

"Well, we already have a kid together." Jiyong gave me a sexy-as-hell grin. God, he was going to be the death of me. "Slow doesn't seem to be in our vocabulary."

I snorted in amusement. "True. But it has to be. For me."

Jiyong caressed my cheek. "Whatever you need, I'll be here."

He left a moment later, and all I could do was smile as I leaned against the door. My heart felt as if it was going to leap out of my chest. Just thinking about him made my stomach drop, and I felt like I was falling.

You are falling.

With everything out in the open, and Jiyong on board, there was no denying how deep my feelings for him went. There was still a lot we had to figure out, but at least we were going forward together.

Together... I liked the sound of that. The ping-pong players had turned into butterflies!

We still had time to wait before the test results were ready. The first day went by with no issues, but by the morning of the second, I was getting antsy. Jiyong had made a point to stay in contact with me and check in, so I wasn't surprised when I received a phone call a day later.

"Let's go to dinner," he said.

"I can make dinner again. Jisoo doesn't do well in restaurants."

"I was thinking just me and you. I'll take care of the babysitter."

I was taken aback by his offer. The idea of being alone with Jiyong felt more intimate than what we'd shared so far—and freaking exciting! "Are you asking me out on a date, Kwon?"

He chuckled. "That would be the idea."

"I don't like leaving Jisoo with strangers. Let me make a quick phone call, and I'll let you know, okay?"

"Great." I could hear the smile in his voice. "I'm looking forward to it."

"Me too. Talk to you soon." I ended the call and sat for a moment, smiling like an idiot, as usual. I allowed my imagination to run wild, picturing the two of us sitting together at an intimate table, surrounded by soft music and candlelight. God, I was such a cornball. I rolled my eyes at myself. I hadn't been on a real date in years. I couldn't wait!

When I finally pulled myself together, I called my mom.

Misun Park may not have given birth to me, but she was still my mother. Tall and thin with long wavy gray hair, she was stronger than she looked. As much as I'd wondered about my biological parents, I'd never felt more loved than I had throughout my childhood and adolescence. She was my best friend and the most supportive person in my life.