The Pharaoh's Tyranny

The sun rose, welcoming a new day. Its shining rays were cast upon lush green plains and sparkling, crystal waters. The golden rays painted the city in a surreal light, filling the darkened corners. But it was as if the sun felt itself unneeded, for the city it was trying to illuminate was much too beautiful and breathtaking, even without the help of its rays. It glowed with prosperity and luxury. Gardens adorned every corner of the city, and numerous castles stood at the foot of the Nile, spires rising high. But the sun tried nonetheless, and it painted the city as serene- peaceful.

It seemed to be the start of a good day, but no one had any way of knowing that it would be the day Egypt starts flowing with rivers of red.

A man stepped inside one of the numerous castles of Egypt and stood in front of the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh that Egypt worshipped as its God, be it by its own choice or not. The Pharaoh that had the Nile under his feet, and an incredibly powerful army in his hands. The Pharaoh that had ice in his veins. The man stood before that Pharaoh and prophesied that a child of Bani Israel- a child of the people that were his slaves- will put an end to his rule.

From that day, the birth of a child was no longer a happy occasion for the people of Bani Israel. It was the occasion to grieve and cry and regret. It was the occasion to have soldiers march into your home and kill your newborn baby in front of your eyes. Egypt began flowing with rivers of blood, but the blood was not that of the people of Bani Israel, but their innocent babies.

The day that man stepped inside the Pharaoh's castle marked the start of a new era. An era in which mothers would hold the severed heads of their babies in one hand, and the rest of their bodies in the other, blood dripping from their hands and forever staining the floor red. A new era of cruelty that seems endless under the Pharaoh's rule.

The Pharaoh was proud, and he believed in his own lie of being God

The Pharaoh was proud, and he believed in his own lie of being God. The treasure of Egypt, the key to life- the Nile- was beneath his feet. The mighty, unparalleled army of Egypt was in his hands. His pride came from being the ruler of the powerhouse that was Egypt.

He did not consider that the Nile flowed at Allah's command. Did not consider that Egypt's mighty army could not move if Allah willed them not to. Did not consider that the very breaths in his lungs, the very beats of his heart, were in Allah's hands.

Any that dared to worship someone other than the Pharaoh suffered a painful death. And Bani Israel were the descendants of the Prophets of Allah. Their very existence defied his claim of being God.

Thus the people of Egypt were divided into two groups. The rulers, the ones that enjoyed the luxuries and prosperity of Egypt, were called the Copts. And the outsiders, the ones that did not belong in Egypt. The ones that had migrated from Canaan. It would have been too kind to call Bani Israel the slaves of the Copts, for they were only given enough food to survive for a day, and  were worked as if they did not have a beating heart in their chests.

To think that a child from Bani Israel would end his rule? Preposterous.

The Pharaoh's reign was absolute, and the Bani Israel were lower than even animals. It was such an impossibility. But even though he considered himself to be God, someone who was above all else, you may know that men like him are always cowards. Cowards hiding behind their tyranny, always fearful.

And that prophecy probably terrified him. Why else would he go through all that difficulty of sending out all his troops to butcher babies that could do no harm, just at the words of a man? His troops were all mobilized, scouting out children and killing them. Somewhere in that wretched heart of his, he knew that he was no god.

But when Allah destines something for you, no power on Earth can stop it from happening. Even if all the forces of the world, the humans and animals and djinns were to come together to stop it, it would be of no use.

And Allah had destined the end of the Pharaoh at the hands of his Prophet Musa (علیہ السلام). So no matter how much he tried, how much he killed and tortured and feared, he would not be able to stop it. No matter how powerful his army was, they would not be able to stop it.