Chapter 4

Scott looked back at the open cellar door and let out a sigh.
"Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it was just some animal, he paused for what seemed like forever, "Why don't you come down with me why don't you?!" Scott yelled while holding onto Cheryl's arm.
"No, I'm not going down there!" Cheryl screamed as she broke free of Scott's tight grip.
"Let's go down and see what it was, Scotty." Ash said.
The two grabbed a lantern and went down the stairs of the cellar. Ash realised that Scott had left him so he began looking for him.
"Scott?"
Ash went into another room.
"Scotty?"
He stopped and turned around.
"Scotty? Where are you?!" Ash yelled.
As he turned around he let out a manly scream as he came face to face with Scott.
"BOO!"
Ash gave him a playful shove. They kept exploring the cellar until they found a desk with a book and a tape recorder on it.
"What's this?" Ash questioned quietly.
The pair also found some sort of dagger that looked ancient.
Scott, who was the first to find it, picked it up and showed Ash.
"Hey, this kind of looks like one of your ex-girlfriends."
Ash laughed at the joke but was offended. He actually thought that his ex-girlfriend was quite pretty, it's just that things didn't work out between them. Her name was Kelli, she was a beautiful brunette with a gorgeous set of brown eyes. She was a dancer and loved to act and sing. (Comment if you know who I am describing. Also a hint. She is on Disney channel.) Ash shook his head, trying to get the memories of Kelli out of his head. It's not that he had feelings for her or anything, it's just that when they were together, they loved each other. But, they had split when Ash met Linda. Linda doesn't know about that yet, and Ash doesn't plan on telling her. He thinks that she should find out for herself. Which is unlikely because Kelli is Linda's arch nemesis. Ash and Scotty continued to find more stuff. Meanwhile, the girls were still waiting for them to come back up the steps.
"Ash?"
"Scott?"
"BOO!"
Scott jumped out at the trio of girls to scare them and he was successful. They all screamed in horror and jumped back from the cellar door. Scotty and Ash had brought up an axe, a shotgun, a dagger, a tape recorder and a book. The five friends sat down on the floor and began to play the tape recorder. The person who had made the recording was called Professor Raymond Knowby and he had found some book called the book of the dead. He began describing what the book looked like and Ash looked at the book that he and Scott had found in the cellar. As Professor Knowby kept on describing the book, Ash noticed that that was exactly the same as what was on the book. A few minutes in, the man began to say stuff in a foreign language. It creeped Cheryl out, a lot.
"Shut it off." she said quietly. The group ignored her.
"Shut it off." she began to beg them. Again, they ignored her.
"Shut it off!" She screamed as she ran to her room. When she had said shut it off for the third time, a tree blew through the window. Linda, being the caring person she is, ran straight to Cheryl's room to comfort her. When she came back out, Ash was sitting alone on the couch in the living room.
"Is Cheryl alright?" he asked.
"Yeah, she's alright. She was just a bit freaked out by that tape." Linda replied.
"I'm gonna go get some water, but I'll be right back," Linda told Ash as she walked out of the room.
While Linda was in the kitchen, Ash decided to pull out the necklace that he had been planning to give her for a while now. It was truly a beautiful necklace, and any girl would be lucky to have it, but Ash was doubtful but hopeful that Linda would like it. When Linda came back, Ash decided that he would pretend he was asleep. He has the box that held the necklace in his hand. Linda gently tool the small, blue box out of Ash's hand and had a closer look at it. Whenever Linda looked away from Ash, he would open his eyes and look at her, but when she looked back his eyes were shut again. Linda was about to open it and as she did, she looked back at Ash who didn't close his eyes quick enough.
"Heeeeyyyyy." she said playfully.
Ash flashed her a smile, then looked at the box in her hand.
"Hey,no." he said in an annoyed tone as he took the box from Linda.
"Oh." she said, sounding disappointed.
Ash smiled again and handed her the box. She opened it and her eyes widened as she looked at the gorgeous necklace.
"Oh Ash, it's beautiful!" Linda said as she trapped Ash in a big hug.
"Can you put it on for me?" she asked.
"Sure." Ash said.
Linda turned around and lifted her hair up so Ash could put the necklace on. When he had, Linda stood up and walked over to a big mirror in the corner of the room.
"I love it!"
She turned around and gazed lovingly at Ash.
"I promise I will never take it off as long as I live." she told him.

@@@@@@
We are getting to the horror. Slowly, but still we are getting there. At least this chapter is not as short as the other ones lol. Love you guys xoxo