Chapter 5

It was getting late so Cheryl decided to get ready for bed. When she was she heard a noise.
What was that? she wondered.
I better go and see what it was, she told herself as she went outside.
"Who's there?" Cheryl called out.
She kept going deeper into the woods, asking who was there every now and then. As she was searching through the woods, she felt something wrap around her right ankle, then her left ankle. She tried to break free but something grabbed both of her arms and her neck. Cheryl didn't know what it was, so she looked down and saw that it was the trees. She couldn't believe it. Trees don't attack people. People attack people. Once again, she tried to escape, but the harder she tried, the tighter the grip on her became. All of a sudden, the trees pulled her down on the ground, and twigs came out and scratched her face. Cheryl managed to stand back up but the twigs stripped her white nightgown off and her pants. Then they pulled her down on the ground again and did something horrible to Cheryl. She was laying on the ground when all of a sudden, this big branch came out of nowhere and went in her ya know where! After the trees were finished with Cheryl, they let her escape and she ran away screaming. Cheryl tripped over here and there, got a few scratches that drew blood, but she didn't care. She just wanted to get back to that cabin, so she could get Ash to take her home.

When she had reached the cabin, Cheryl scrambled for the keys. The damn things were stuck! She pulled and pulled, but it didn't work. Cheryl banged on the door until she stopped banging because someone had opened the door and she had fallen into his/her chest. Ash had opened the door. He took one look at his younger sister and knew that there was definitely something wrong. It's not everyday your sister comes back bleeding, scratched, and half naked banging on the door.
"Cheryl, did something in the woods do this to you?" Ash asked.
"No. No. It was the woods themselves. They're alive Ashley. The trees, the trees are alive!" Cheryl yelled. She had called him Ashley, that was Ash's full name. He hated it, and his sister only used it when she was angry or scared.
"Why don't I take her to a room so she can lie down?" Linda offered.
Cheryl screeched,"No. I'm not lying down!"
She turned to Ash," You have to get me out of here right now! Right now Ashley!"
Ash gave in to his sister's complaining and just decided to take her home. He had no idea why Cheryl was acting like this. Sure, she's a bit awkward and overreacts about things, but this time it was different. Ash knew something was wrong, he could feel it. He wasn't so sure about the trees attacking Cheryl, but his gut told him that she was telling the truth.

Ash and Cheryl jumped in the car. Ash tried to start the engine, but it wouldn't turn on.
"It's not gonna turn on. I know it. It's not gonna let us leave." Cheryl told Ash.
Right after she said that, the engine roared to life. They began driving to the bridge, but Ash stopped the car when he noticed that something was wrong with the bridge. Something was very wrong.
"I'll be back in a minute," Ash said as he walked off.
He had left Cheryl in the car, alone. Cheryl started looking around, feeling as if someone or something was watching her. Cheryl thought that she was suffering from paranoia, and after what she's been through, it wouldn't be a surprise at all. But something, not someone, was in fact watching her. Ash still hadn't come back and Cheryl started to panic. She got out of the car and shut the door, and then began searching for her big brother. As Cheryl was searching she ran into Ash and started screaming.
"It's me!" Ash yelled.
Cheryl stopped screaming and looked at Ash, then at the bridge. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw that the bridge was now curled up into a claw position. It didn't matter what position it was in. It was broken, and Cheryl knew that her and her friends weren't gonna be going home any time soon. She burst into tears as she buried her face into Ash's chest. She began screaming again.
"It's not gonna let us leave! Why won't you listen?! It's not gonna let us leave! It's not gonna let us leave! Why won't you believe me?! It's not gonna let us leave!"

@@@@@@
Told you we'd be getting to the horror soon. The next chapter will be about Cheryl's possession so stay tuned and I will update soon.