4

It didn't matter how old you were, when someone dared you to take three shots of tequila, you just did it.

I laughed as Sarah's face contorted to disgust as she took in the last one, somewhat breathless before leaning into John clutching her neck.

Chris laughed beside me taking a sip of my lemon lime and bitters.

"What's this, Kierra isn't drinking," I rolled my eyes at Chris nudging him with my hip, "I have work tomorrow,"

"That's never stopped you before," he said. I frowned, he made me sound like an alcoholic. I never got drunk, just was good at handling my alcohol.

"Yeah but she has a warden now," Sarah said before covering her mouth with her hands looking apologetic at me, "I'm sorry Kierra it just slipped out,"

I shrugged taking my glass back from Chris, "It's not a secret," I said shrugging as Chris asked me for details.

"Ooh, is he hot?" 

"He doesn't bat for your team Chris, or maybe he does" I said rolling my eyes as I took another sip of my drink.

"Yes, but I can come over and have some eye-candy. I am sleeping over tonight,"

"No, not tonight," I said. Dane was actually still in the spot I found him when I went home doing whatever he was when I left telling him I'll be home in three hours.

"Thurs,"

Chris frowned, "Why Thursday?"

"I have to go check out a new restaurant. I don't like eating alone remember?" I will rather take a stranger off the street than sit somewhere and eat by myself.

"Do we have to pay?" he asked frowning and I shook my head. Most of the rating meals were paid for through my company, I still had to send them the invoice. They usually sent me a list of food to try, and since I liked cooking seafood but wasn't a fan on eating them, I usually dragged Chris along to eat it.

They only made us pay for alcoholic beverages, apart from a complimentary glass of house wine.

"Count me in," He said nodding as he stood up, "Do you want a re-fill?"

I nodded passing him my glass as he walked over towards the bar. I leaned back in my seat, most of the group had disappeared into the dancing area, not that I minded. I didn't really know any of John friends, and the introductions were awkward enough.

My eyes travelled across the club making out faces. Most of the people were younger, possibly their university years between nineteen and twenty-two, making me feel slightly old. I still remember that age, party every night. 

That was good.

We were young, and it was good to live when you were young. There was going to be a stage where most of the people, people I knew, would be tied down in serious relationships and possibly even tying the knot. 

You'll have the same business, work, family life as you get older. But your teens were for having fun. Whilst I wasn't a loose partier, I was social. One or two drinks and mingled when I was younger. 

"Here," 

"Thanks," 

Chris hopped back into the booth next to me, "I got us piña coladas, because it's been a while," 

"You know me too well," I said smiling as I placed the black straw inside taking a sip.

"Always on her phone,"

"Shut up," I said as I scrolled through my messages, replying to the important ones first. 

"I should go back, I have work really early tomorrow. I have to bake a cake," I grumbled, I hated baking cakes. It was the waiting that annoyed me,waiting for them to cook, then to cool down, and then between the icing layers and decoration. So much waiting.