Mirabel's Encanto

3 children sat at the dinner table.

The triplets were definitely a handful. But I don't mind, I love my children and they love me. Despite being separated from their extended family.

Sometimes I catch Bruno telling the kids stories of what it was like living in the walls of casita. I might need to fill up the walls because they keep climbing into them.

"Happy 10th birthday kids!" I squealed while bringing in a huge 3 tier cake.

"Thank you Mama!"

They excitedly cut themselves each a piece of cake, each a different size.

"Feank you, mwama." they tried to say, cake stuffed in their mouths. I covered my mouth before spitting out a laugh.

After they ate their cake they went outside to play.

"How are you Mija?" Tio Bruno asked me, feeding his rats. I waved him over and sat him down next to me. "I think, I'll be fine Tio." I said with a smile.

We both heard a creek at the door, and looked up.

It was Mateo, my love.

I got up from my seat and gave him a huge hug.

"H-hey don't suffocate me Mi vida." he breathed, squeezing me back. "Oh sorry sorry." I brushed his shoulders and lead him to where Tio was.

He had a solemn expression.

He cupped my face before saying, "I plan on going to find your family." Both me and Bruno stared in confusion and awe. I didn't understand.

I held onto Mateo's hands, "What do you mean? We have no need for them then and we certainly don't need them now." Pleading with him.

"Being apart from your family this long, it's taking a toll on you, let me bring them here, and have them meet our beautiful children." We both looked to Bruno to back us up.

Turns out he had already left.

"Bruno."

I look back to Mateo, "fine, but please, I beg you, don't be too long." I smiled. I unlocked a locket around my neck, and dropped it into his grasp. "Take it, to remember us by."

"I could never forget any of you." He grinned, pecking me on the cheek.

——————————————————————————

A/N: I was kind of pressuring myself to update but you know, writers block and stuff.

So here's the short chapter and I'll try and definitely make them much more longer in the future.

Thank you for being patient with me

Word Count: 406