Our Journey, Just Us

"We did it, sort of."

It's been 3 days since we left, I'm sure Tio and our mother are worried sick as much as I am. I want to go home, I haven't been under the bare sun for so long in years. I kept myself silently tucked away in our home, taking care of my family. I must admit it feels nice. Keeping my mind optimistic, I hoped we would see another village soon.

"Julio wake up, we've arrived somewhere, wake up." I said slapping his face gently, leaning over. He woke up in a frenzy, his face forced against my nose. "OW! JULIO!!!!" I screamed, pushing him off me and onto the ground. "THAT HURT!!" he said while he stood up and held his nose. "I think you broke it!" I did not! You were the one who jumped up!!" "Both of you cool it! We don't have time for this." Luis said pulling both our ears when I got off the wagon.

There was an area with a few caravans that formed a semi-circle around 3 larger ones. Inside of the larger caravans was a tent, quite tall and wide. "It's.. a circus." Julio said, scrunching his nose. "Let's hope there aren't any clowns, don't want you to faint again." I smiled. As we walked towards the tent we saw different people, civilians and performers.

Finding seats inside the tent, I saw Julio moving around people trying to avoid dropping what he had in his hands. "I hope you didn't use up all our funds to buy.. what did you buy?" Luis asked. "They said this is called popcorn! It's corn but popped!" my big brother said with delight. "I think that's implied in the name.." I replied, pulling Julio down when the lights dimmed. "Now shhh the show is starting."

Every torch was extinguished, and a few minutes later a singular torch was faintly lit in the center of the tent. "What is a world, without the fires of excitement..?" A female voice rang through the crowd.

————————————————————————

A/N:This is a draft I had for more than a few months now. I think this was when I had an obsession and I mean a hard core OBSESSION with circus's. I don't have any ideas for how to link this at all and it was so freaking random. I'll try my best though, if anyone actually wants to help and like, be co-writers, please message me!

Word Count:415