7

Warnings:
-Mentions bullying

George's POV

I woke up a few minutes ago and lifted the arm that broke a few weeks ago up to my face to suck my thumb while I held my other arm really still. My mother got my four stuffed animals and put them on my neck and chest so I could cuddle with them when I wanted to. I had a pillow under my arm that just broke and sighed softly as I saw my mother.

'Hey, honey. How is the pain? I can get you some medication, sweetheart,' she smiled, kneeling down in front of the couch. She looked at my arm and then back to my face.

'A lot of pain,' I mumbled with my thumb still in my mouth. My mother stood up immediately and I pulled my thumb out of my mouth as I looked up at her. 'Will the testosterone work soon, mum? I don't want people to bully me anymore...'

'I think we need to give it a few weeks and then you'll definitely notice some things already!' she answered as she grabbed medication for me to take. 'You just started with them, dear. I'm sure you'll go through puberty soon.'

I sighed softly and stared at my stuffed animal. I felt so insecure and sad because I was so short and didn't even go through puberty at my sixteenth... 'Will I grow from the medication? I'm only 4,9 now and I really want to get taller than 5,0 feet,' I whispered insecurely.

'When they're going to do the surgery for the scoliosis, I think you'll most likely become a few inches taller, honey. Next to that, you're perfect like this. Your body is just too weak to grow right now, but who knows the pills help! Most boys start growing very fast during puberty so you might start growing once the pills start working.'

I breathed out softly and nodded. 'I always hoped I'd be at least 5,2 feet tall... I don't think I'll ever reach that, but I guess it's fine. I just don't want to be bullied anymore, but they point out every single thing that's different about me.'

'But you have the testosterone pills now, maybe you'll grow a bit taller from those too! I love you, you look so beautiful in my eyes. The bullies are just jealous and dumb, because you're so gorgeous.' My mother knelt down again and ran her hand through my hair.

'I don't want a beard, but I just want to be able to shave to be like the others...'

'You don't need to be like the others, you need to be yourself,' my mother answered me.

'I don't know... all these guys in my class need to shave and they have low voices. I really want a low voice too, I hope I'll get a low voice soon.'

'I think you will, sweetheart. We will give it some time and otherwise we go back to the doctor to ask for other options.'

'Okay, thank you. I think I'm going to sleep for a bit longer now.'

'Alright, honey,' she nodded, running her hand through my hair as I closed my eyes.

~~~

I opened my eyes, immediately feeling a really bad pain in my arm and some other bones. I had a lot of pain in my knee bone and sat up slowly, tapping my knee softly.

'Mum,' I whispered. She immediately stood up from the other couch.

'What's wrong, sweetie?'

'My knee hurts a lot,' I mumbled. 'I think I might have fallen onto my knee when I fell on my arm and then didn't feel the pain because I only focused on my arm.'

'Okay, dear. Can I try to lift your sweatpants up so I see your knee?' she asked as she sat on her knees next to the couch. I nodded to answer her question and she lifted my sweatpants up to my thighs, looking at my knee.

'I'm not sure, George. I could say it's just bruised but since you break things so easily, I don't know if it would just bruise if you fell on it. Can you move it?'

I nodded. 'I can move it and stand on it too, it just hurts.'

'Do you want me to call the doctor to make sure if the bone is broken? Or do you want to rest?'

'I'm really tired right now, I don't think it would be too severe if it's broken either. I think it's fine, if it still hurts in a few days we can call the doctor.'

'Okay, sweetie. I'm getting you ice to put on your knee. Do you need more medication?' She stood up and waited for me to answer her before walking away to get ice.

'It's okay for now. The medication doesn't work anyway,' I replied. 'I just need distraction.'

She smiled. 'Dad is coming home soon, what if we watch a movie together? I'll get popcorn!'

'That would be fun,' I answered her, giggling because of her happy face.

'I can put the couch differently so you don't have to turn your head to watch the television. I'll get ice for your knee first and then we can eat dinner while watching the movie because we're not eating at the table now with your arm. I will feed you, so don't worry about that either.'

She walked off to grab me ice for my knee and came back, pulling my sweatpants down from my thigh to my ankle again to lay the ice pack on top of it so it wouldn't be too cold.

'I'm going to prepare dinner and get popcorn for later. Call me when you need me, okay?' she made sure.

I nodded with a soft smile as she walked off to prepare dinner as I put my thumb in my mouth again and held my stuffed animals tightly while humming softly. I was excited to watch a movie with my parents. It had been a long while since we watched a movie together since my dad worked a lot to pay for my health care.

I closed my eyes while I laid cuddled up with my stuffed animals and my thumb in my mouth. I didn't fall asleep anymore, but I just relaxed like this without thinking about the constant bullying. Luckily my parents were here for me when I needed someone.

1068 words