Chapter 7

Mattheo Lopez

That's all I can think about lately.

Not in a romantic or sexual way though. I just miss him. We used to spend most of our time together. We basically even shared a dorm together. We'd always sleep in the same bedroom since we had the same classes, we'd always leave together.

No. Nothing sexual happened. Never.

Believe it or not, but we never kissed either.

I blow out the smoke of my cigarette and stare at the stars. The astronomy tower is pretty calming at night to be honest.

I usually don't smoke often either, only at parties sometimes or when I'm overthinking. And in today's case, I'm overthinking.

It's just hard for me to imagine that the reason Mattheo was mad at me for going with Aidan was because he had feelings for me. I mean, I got no proof but... it's pretty obvious that that's the reason. I would've never thought he liked me. After all, he was my best friend, he was like a brother to me.

My overthinking gets interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

Shit, I think a professor caught me.

I carefully turn around and hide my cigarette behind me, only to find George standing there.

He's wearing a white shirt with blue pajama pants. God his arm muscles look good in that shirt. I wonder if he's still got those abs like he had in July.

Oh I forgot to tell.

George and I... We kinda hooked up during the entire summer.

"Good evening miss Potter." He quickly smiles.

"Hi, George. What's up? What're you doing here this late, it's like 4 in the morning."

"Well, when I'm bored at night I sometimes come here to smoke a cigarette, looks like you do too." He says pointing at my cigarette.

"Oh- yeah. I was just bored." I softly reply.

"Mind if I join you?" He asks pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"Yeah, su-"

We get interrupted by the sound of heels touching the floor echoing in the empty dark halls. George and I look at each other in shock, not knowing what to do. He presses his index finger against his lips, telling me to be quiet.

"Hello? Any students here?" We hear a woman's voice yell while the sound of her heels touching the floor becomes louder.

Shit.

It's Umbridge.

"Fuck!" I whisper-yell.

I look to the left and run away as quickly and quietly as possible, with George running after me. After a few minutes I realize that George is gone and that he must've ran to his common room. I enter mine and quietly go to my bedroom. As I approach my dorm, my neighbors door opens. Oh and don't forget who he is, it's Draco.

"What're you doing out there at this time of the day?" Draco asks in a kind of pissed-off and concerned voice.

"Not that it's any of your business, Malfoy. But I was smoking a cigarette." I reply while unlocking my door.

Draco quickly grabs my hand and stops me from opening my door. "Not so quick, missy."

"What?"

"No one would ever sneak out of their dorm in the middle of the night to 'just smoke a cigarette' unless they'd be meeting up with someone. So, who was it Ms. Potter?" Malfoy asks, gripping my hand firmly.