Chapter 9

"Maybe if you'd stop running that big mouth of yours-" A boy yells.

"Shut up you idiot! It's you who keeps giving me mixed signals! Maybe if you knew what being loyal meant-" The girl responds.

"I never told you I was going to be loyal to you!" He yells back.

I close the book I was reading and look at Astoria, my eyebrows furrowed. "What's that all about?"

Other students around us look at each other too, in confusion. Most of us stand up and go check what's going as the screaming between the 2 continues.

"Curious much?" Mattheo laughs as I walk past him.

I give him a quick lance, zero emotion on my face. Astoria and I, and lots of other students continue walking until we find the 2 students who were screaming at each other.

And you might've guessed it, it's Malfoy of course.

It's the other girl who's name I don't know, but she seems quite familiar.

"That's the same girl from the other day, in our common room. Remember? She said the clothes you were wearing looked like Draco's clothes." Astoria whispers in my left ear, her eyes still focussed on their argument.

"So? What's it going to be? Are you finally going to be loyal to me or what?" The girl yells.

All students look at them shocked. Waiting for Malfoy to reply. I start biting my underlip a bit, not in a flirting type of way, but in a nervous one. Malfoy and I haven't spoken in almost 2 weeks now, I've been avoiding him ever since the incident in my dorm.

I don't actually like him, but I've just grown to get quite a bit jealous now every time I hear another rumor about him that he hooked up with another girl.

I don't think I can call it having feelings either, cause, I don't really like his personality sadly enough.

Malfoy and I lock eyes for a few seconds and the girl notices. Her eyes become watery and she swallows thickly. I look down to the floor and Malfoy turns his gaze to her again.

"I told you this already, what happened between us was a one time thing which will never occur again. Those mixed signals you were talking about aren't really mixed signals, it's just me being friendly. That's all."

The girl gulps and opens her mouth to say something, but no noise comes out. A tear rolls down her cheek before she closes her mouth and storms out of the library. Shutting the door harshly.

"Get back to studying, idiots." Malfoy screams at the students, making them all turn around immediately and get back to their seats. We lock eyes quickly one more time but Astoria interrupts it by making me turn around.

"What was that all about?" She asks me as I look around the library while making our way back to our seats.

"The girl probably thought she was-"

"No not that, El. The eye contact between the both of you. It happened twice, I noticed."

"Well, I honestly don't know either."

"El!" She hits my shoulder with a book playfully.

"I swear, I really don't know what you're talking about; It wasn't intentionally, at least not on my part." I explain quietly, wouldn't want any more rumors spreading around the castle already. Especially after what just happened, half the castle probably already knows about their screaming.

---

"Good evening guys, any news?" I ask excitedly as I'm sitting down next to Harry in the Great Hall.