+ Pandas +

I wake up to my brother playing Mario Kart downstairs on the Nintendo. He really should turn the volume down. I don't want Ben to wake up. Wait. Ben.

+ + +

I sit up, taking three seconds to realize that Ben and I sorta had sex last night. He enjoyed it, I think, but he hasn't woken up yet, so I don't know.

The one thing I'll remember is the feeling of him on top of me, his tail twirled tightly around my leg, and of course, his smell. Normally, a person would smell like sex when doing.. that. Not that I'd know, but he smelled like his signature smell - caramel.

I love that smell.

I really love that smell.

I fucking love that smell.

I look at my clock. (Clock, not cock.) 12:06 PM.

I pick up a pair of shorts from my floor and put them on. I wake Benji up, just to tell him to get dressed. 

"Hi.." he says, immediately when he wakes up. "That was so good." I chuckle. It was.

"Come on, get dressed and we can find Bella." I plant a kiss on his cheek, and then go downstairs.

+ + +

"Hey poo head," Luke says, not looking away from the TV screen.

I roll my eyes. "Arsehole." Luke gasps.

"MUUUM!" he screams.

"No no no, buddy, don't- loo- I have lollies!" Luke gasps and shuts his mouth.

My mother walks into the room. "Hey what's up?" she asks. "Oh. Cody, you're awake." she looks at me, looking a bit scared, sorry, or worried. "Are you okay?" she asks.

"Look, Mum, I'm sorry about last night, we got carried away and-" she cuts me off.

"I'm not talking about that. Well, next time please keep it down, but I'm asking you about.. Dad. Is Benji okay?" she asks, looking at the stairs. Ben walks down and kisses my cheek, slumping himself on the couch. "Morning, Benjamin." my mum says, waving at Ben.

He waves back and smiles. "Yeah, we're okay. Uh, Ben is it alright if I tell her..?" he nods. "Ben has a tail. It's a shit thing to say, but it's true. He'll show you. And Bella ran- uh, flew away with a pair of wings." I say, all at once. 

Then we hear a knock at the door. Ben and I run up to it to answer. Ben points at her. It's a girl. Her hair is black, in a small bun. She looks young. Younger than ten. She's holding Bella, and Bella's golden wings are tucked in tight. Benji wasn't lying.

"That's her." he says. He must be talking about the girl he saw last night. "Give me back my dog!" Ben holds back sobs. 

She shrugs. "Hm. How about, I give her back, but you take her wings instead." he nods. 

"Anything to get Bella back." Benji says.

He holds his arms out to her, and the girl points her wand at Ben. Suddenly, Bella's wings disappear and reappear on Ben's back. Instead of being golden, they're a fine navy blue. The same like his tail. 

The girl gives Bella to Ben. Then she waves and floats off.

Ben hugs Bella. Bella growls. "Hey, Bella." Bella stops. Maybe she's magically turned into a different dog, now? Perhaps. God, I hope so.

Benji takes my hand and we walk into the lounge. Ben looks careless about his wings and tail hanging out. "Ben, you're gonna need to hide those.." I say. Luke grins at us. "Luke, don't tell anyone or I will kill you." he gulps and turns back to the TV. "You're going to need to hide them, I'm serious."

"Oh, I know, baby." he says back to me. He sits on the couch, Bella on his lap. 

It's funny how one word could make me blush.

It is Benji. I love Benji.

A lot.

+ + +

Ben bumps his hips into mine, accidentally dropping Bella's leash. It's later in the day, and we're taking Bella for a walk. His wings are in his coat, hidden. His tail is in his jeans, hidden.

Thankfully, the girl did some magic on Bella, and she's way more obedient now.

I'm starting to like her.

Bella, not the girl. I'm gay, if it wasn't obvious.

Bella sits by Ben's foot, waiting for him to pick the leash up again. I snatch it from the ground instead, but Bella still doesn't hesitate to keep walking.

Suddenly, we all hear a smash. Ben and I look back.

It's my father's car.