C h a p t e r 10

I ended up falling asleep in the car ride over to the stores

I ended up falling asleep in the car ride over to the stores. The stopping of the car jolts me awake, the body guard looks back at me through the review mirror he only nods his head to get out of the car.

I open the door and hop out my feet landing on the floor , Alfrero waits for me on the other side of the car, once I round the car, we head off into the parking lot ,  we enter the mall its a fairly big mall.  Alfrero stays close to me guarding me afraid to let anyone hurt me or just he gets payed to do this.

The first story of the mall is just filled with fast foods , I'm only here for what I need and that's just simple outfits. I end up picking out a couple of tops and a couple bottoms with any with undergarments I need. We head to check out as I'm nearing the register my eyes glance over all of the drinks and candy picking out a few I put them on the counter and take out my purse but Alfrero stops me and hand me a card.

I look up at him confused and he only just does that head nod again. I will my eyes and look at the name on the credit card 'owen maliani" the black card shins in my hands.

I carefully handed to the cashier and she takes it bug eyed she quickly swipes the card and handed back to me delicately, I take the card from her hands and hand it back to alfrero he only pushes my hand away to keep it.

Alfrero has my bag of clothes in his hands leaving us to continuing exploring the mall.

"oh wow" I exclaim putting my fingers up against the window of the pet store as we were passing by a cute little golden doodle staring back at me, whining through the glass.

My phone rings in my back pocket and I take it out to realize that Adams calling me I happily swipe the answer button and hold it up to my ear still staring at the puppy, it still staring back

"How're u doing baby?. did you eat? , are you hungry ?" i giggle hearing his urgency in his voice on the other end.

"good ! we're shopping at the mall , I ate with Owen this morning" i answer.

"with who ?" his curiousness peeks through but also his jealously .

"alfrero and i" i look up and Alfrero only to see him looking forwards with a mug on his face.

I only laugh at this and resume on the phone call with Adam.

"okay Bellissima, i'll be there when u get home" his gruff voice says at the other end I only nod my head knowing he can't see me and end in the call.

We do a little more shopping I get my necessaries and we head out of the mall

I'm still thinking about the puppy he or she was really cute reminds me of back home..

As we're walking towards the sleek black Range Rover standing out in the parking lot I see a white sticky note on the windshield not paying any mind to it I continued to walk.

Alfrero spots it too and pushes a hand on my shoulder to push me behind him. He cautiously goes to the windshield and grabs the sticky note.

He reads it and lets out a grumble he crumbles it up and throws it on the ground before I could see what it said.

Alfrero quickly opens the door for me and I get in silently thanking him. My mind flashes back to what happend at the club, worry fills me i hold my stomach suddenly feeling uneasy.

Alfrero takes a phone call and looks up back at me he puts the divider between the seats so I can't hear. Great.

Once we get back alfrero hits a button in the Range Rover and one of the garage doors opens up. Alfrero parks the Range Rover back in its respectful spot and Adam comes rushing to me as soon as I open the door.

"Are you ok my love" Adam says holding me in his arms hugging me tight. I only look up at him and confused and he looked up Alfrero and confusion as well.

Alfrero shakes his head as if signaling that he hasn't told me anything and adam only nods and tells me to go to the room.

Once I get into the room I change out of my clothes that I was wearing to the mall, I assume in the conversation would be important so I hop on my bed and turn on the TV not wanting to intrude. This is the most I've been off of work so I decided to take my time for granted and take a nap.

Flashback

"Mom! stop not while she's home!" i whisper yell to my mother as she chuckles with a liquor bottle in her hand sliding against the wall to remain balance.

"You're a disgrace you know that?" my mother giggles stepping towards me loosing her balance.

I rush to her making sure she doesn't fall, she only pushes me back away from her.

"What are you doing?" i ask as she stumbles to my room throwing my clothes out of my closet onto the floor.

"Since you know how to parent my fucking child!" she yells with the bottle in her hand waving it around.

"You think you're so better then me huh?" she points at me and mumbles something after.

"What mom? no! i never said that" i say pleading with her she can't be doing this right now.

"No! i've had enough of you aliyah!" she screeches and throws the bottle my way , quickly ducking it i start to pack my bags.

"Leave ! don't come back or i swear aliyah" she tells me i nod sniffing wiping my tears from falling.

I head to my little sisters room to see she's still sleeping i head in and give her a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll come back for you bug" i whisper and kiss her for head once more.

Flashback over

"Baby?" I hear but i don't open my eyes yet.

"love?" i hear again and open my eyes to see Adam sitting at the edge of the bed.

"hey" i say tiredly.

"Were you having a nightmare?" he questions rubbing my leg up and down.

i sheepishly look down embarrassed not even ms.g knows the full story.

"Aliyah" adam now says pointedly.

I look up at him.

"It's nothing, i promise" i say trying my best to
convince him. He looks at me not convinced.

"promise" i hold my pinky out.

He laughs at this but takes it anyway.

"If you say so, love"

—————

not edited :)