Chapter seven - Death and despair

A few months had past under China's scorching sun. Li, Riley and Kimberly had been training intensely under the watchful eye of raiden. He was done with his morning schedule and now went down to the courtyard to watch how the training is going. They had all come a long way in such a short time, they are faster, stronger and their minds are gradually accepting the realities of their situation. However there was still such a long way to go. During the months that had passed they had each been assigned a personal trainer, Riley had been training with Scorpion, who had trained him hard and disciplined Riley for any minor infringement of his rules. They hadn't so much as bonded but there was a neutral respect growing between them. Lui Li Had Sub-Zero as his trainer and the pair had been getting on great. Sub-Zero had been telling him of the ill relationship between the Lin Kuei and the Shirai Ryu, also how his once proud clan were now just mercenaries for hire and had became a shadow of its former self. The greatest relationship however was that between Kimberly and Kitana. The pair are inseparable and Kimberly had blossomed under Kitana's guidance. How she could put up with Kimberly's sarcasm Raiden could not understand. The three have lessons with master Bo' Rai Cho in the mornings to individual training in the afternoon and lessons with Smoke and Nightwolf on alternative nights. He smiled fondly at his protégé's. He heard footsteps tapping in the corridor and turned to see Hong Zai before him.

"Lord Raiden" He bowed. "Master Bo' Rai Cho requests your presence sir, urgently" He turned quickly and hurried off expecting Raiden to follow.

"Bo' Rai Ch, what's the matter?" Raiden had teleported there immediately. His friend had a troubled expression on his face as he put the phone down.

"That was Stryker, the White Lotus Society are under attack..." He paused for a moment. "We believe Liu Kang is there, with tarkatan warriors and the Lin Kuei"

"Hong Zai assemble everyone, we need to act fast and with a firm hand" Raiden ordered.

"Yes, lord Raiden" He scurried off and headed for the courtyard.

"What are the numbers" Raiden asked.

"50 odd Tarkatans, I believe Cyrax, Sektor, Liu Kang and Mileena"

"Then we are in serious trouble, they will massacre everybody there, I can only hope Liu Kang will have mercy on the men he owes his life to" In a flash of light he was gone. Hong Zai had gathered the warriors in the courtyard, all of which waiting expectantly, none knowing exactly what was happening but all knew it must be serious.

"Your all here because we have a very important mission, the Order of Light is under attack, innocent Monks and future warriors will be slaughtered unless we intervene swiftly. We have no time for a plan as such, time is of the essence. Kimberly, Riley and Liu Li will remain here. now...."

"Like hell we will, you need us and we will not stay behind" Kimberly shouted fiercely.

"You are....."

"I will not take no for an answer and neither will these" She gestured to Riley and Li after cutting Raiden short again. "So shut up and stop wasting time, we're coming" After her outburst she went slightly red. Everyone around were shocked, no one spoke to lord Raiden in such a manner.