Chapter one - Riley and Li

A bright flash of lightning illuminated the pitch black sky, a roaring clap of thunder sounding seconds after. The pouring rain swatted aside by the winds mighty force, pelleting the face of a lone figure stood motionlessly among the surrounding trees. The moons light was shackled by the thick storm clouds above, making the figure seem dark and mysterious. Hooded with a dark long robe, only the red glow of his eyes and the silhouette of man betraying his presence. The lone shadowy figure looked up, his yellow teeth glowing and mouth forming a snarl.

"Your time..... has come!"His voiced boomed out over the winds eerie moan, echoing off the surrounding trees before letting out a thunderous roar. He charged forward with miraculous speed and vanished into the darkness.

"Ahh!"Riley awoke in a panicked state, his pillow and bed damp with sweat. He stood up panting for air. Leaving his bedroom for the bathroom, he splashed his faced with cold water and gulped a few deep breaths, before wiping his face dry with a towel.

"Hey Riley, you okay?" A voice yelled out from the kitchen.

"yeah, I'm good, Liu Li" He replied. Riley finished up in the bathroom and joined his friend in the kitchen. He had met Liu Li through an add in a local paper. Liu li had needed to find accommodation for his first year at university. Riley remembered his first year and what a struggle it was to find a place. Then when his flat mate left he struggled with rent so it had seemed the perfect solution. So he called Liu Li and they agreed to let the spare room. The two had hit it off magnificently right from the start and have been good friends ever since.

"That dream again?" Liu Li asked, looking at the tired features of his friend. Riley is of average height, his hair cut short in a military type fashion. His facial features look rough, unshaven and his eyes red from lack of sleep. His dark skin still laced with sweat.

"Yeah, I cant explain it, it feels so real and to be honest, it's scaring the shit out of me" He replied with his voice taken on a worried tone. He looked at Liu Li to see his friend looking back at him sympathetically.

"It would me also but I'm sure its nothing, now come on, we're gonna be late for class" He smiled "Race ya"

"Ha, you'll try, you never beat me at anything, I'm black, we're good at everything" he winked.