07

-CHAPTER 07-

Me: Here in MDH

I let out a long breathe and held my chest. That's what I typed. I don't know why my heart acts weird these days. E ano naman kung pupunta siya? It's not a big deal. He's just concerned for my Mom. Baka curious siya kung ano ang kalagayan niya ngayon. Jennie catched up a call with his father that's why she left for a moment. I unhanded my phone when I felt Mom's hand moved a bit. Hindi ako halos huminga habang unti-unti niyang iginagalaw ang kamay.

It was as if I don't wanna interrupt her attempt to wake up.

Tahimik akong nagbunyi nang idinilat niya ang kanyang mga mata. My tears was pooling at the corner of my eyes. Even her face got some burns. Just how she smiled as soon as she recognized me, my tears never fails to expose my vulnerable side.

"Shh, stop crying." Her voice weakened.

She looks struggling to speak that's why I stopped her by putting my index finger on her lips.

"Napuying lang po ako," I giggled to assured her though she knows I'm lying. "I-im so s-sorry Mom. I didn't know that this would happen. It's my fault-"

"Did you cause the fire?"

I was double-breathing. Umiling ako sa tanong niya.

"Then that was not your fault."

"Pero iniwan po kita.."

"Listen to me.. No has to be at fault. Not me, not you either. Nasa plano 'to ng diyos." She was really struggling but her voice was calm.

What plan? Ang planong maghirap ako? Kami? His plan is so unfair then. He plans for us horribly. I don't know if I'm really gonna believe that he exist. Hindi ko 'yon isinalita kay Mommy dahil alam kong magtatampo siya. She's religious. I was too but then after all the struggles I came through, there's no way I felt his presence all those times.

"You shouldn't be here. How about your vacation with Jennie? I can handle myself-"

"Can't you see your bruises and burns, Mom? How can I continue that fucking vacation knowing your situation here?"

"I'm really fine. Hindi naman masakit."

"I'm not a kid to believe you, Mom. I know how hurtful it is."

She starts crying. It's been almost a month since the last time she cried. I didn't expect to see it again this early.

"I lost L-layla,"

I wiped her tears away. "I'm sorry for your lost, Mom. We can adopt again, don't worry."

"I don't think so. I can't adopt anymore. I only want Layla."

"Tita! Omg you're awake!"

Maya-maya pa ay bumalik na si Jennie. She was happy to see my Mom awoke. I stopped her when she attempted to hug my Mom.

"Baka matamaan mo ang sugat niya,"

"Oh! Sorry!" She looks regretting. "By the way, nakita ko si Uno sa labas ng hospital."

I widened my eyes, telling her nonverbally to shut up. Baka marinig ni Mom.

"Who's Uno? Boyfriend mo, Yuri?" She really heard it!

"No, Mom! Kaibigan ko po.. ahm, he provided us chopper. Wala po kasing masasakyan doon ng ganung oras.."

"Really? Can I meet him?"

"Po?" I acts deaf.

"I wanna thank him personally for helping you," Seryoso niyang sabi.

I barely know my Mom. I know what she's thinking. She must be silently shipping us now in her mind. A smile was crept on her lips, making it obvious that she's thinking about something. She's totally okay about me having a boyfriend since I'm already in a legal age. Siya pa nga ang nag-uudyok sa 'kin na maghanap na ng bagong boyfriend dahil hindi niya rin talaga nagustuhan si Benedict. She dislikes Benedict even at first encounter but she supported us because I was really into him before.