09

"Are you okay? Sorry, she made you feel uncomfy."

We're currently riding his car and I couldn't still believe that he really has a stalker. I had one before when I was a first year college student and it was traumatizing. Being followed by someone like almost 24/7 and they even know what you're doing and where are you going.. it's fucking emotionally disturbing. I thought it only applies to women.. I didn't know that men like him also experience the same.

Tahimik lang ako at hindi makasagot sa sinabi niya. He knows and he's aware that his stalker was around the corner but he didn't act anxious. He acts so cool and unbothered. In my case, I wouldn't feel calm. I would really feel suffocated.

"She won't hurt you. Trust me," He told me in a very assuring tone.

"Why don't you report her to police?" I stared at him.

Narinig ko ang mahina niyang pagbuntong hininga.

"What? Do you like being stalked by girls?"

"I tried it. I always try," his jaw moved aggressively, I think he didn't like what I said.

"Oh tapos?"

"I have no enough evidence,"

"Huh? She's obviously stalking you!" I said, a little frustrated. "Lemme tell you this.. she was the girl I encountered inside the Ministop who claimed you as her boyfriend."

Wala man lang akong nakitang gulat sa mata niya. Mukhang inaasahan niya na ang sasabihin ko. Nakatutok ang mata niya sa kalsada at kita ko kung paano kadilim ang mata niya.

"I'm sorry.. I actually tried so many times but they just can't believe it." He said while eyeing on the road.

I went speechless. Is it the women privileged? The double standard? If women are being stalked by men.. it is a validation.. it is convincing. On the other hand, if men are being stalked by women the table will suddenly turn. Just because they're men.. they are considered as massive and strong that's why the stereotypes towards them just keep on going.

As a woman, I really find the society very unfair. This is one of the double standard that both gender experience.

"Thank you for the ride," I said before leaving the car.

He went out only to watch me enter the gate of the Mansion. A heavy and long sigh escaped my mouth. I felt tired today than the other day. I went upstairs and check on my Mom. She was not in our room. I assumed that she's having another day chitchat with tita Fe. Probably in the garden.

My body felt so heavy. I decided to have a rest on my bed. Kinuha ko rin ang phone ko bago mahiga sa kama.

I was indecisively trying to text him. I would erase the sentence I typed and think of another approvable text. I felt guilty for some reason. I shouldn't feel this but I am. My soul almost left my body when I saw his number appears on the screen.

He's calling!

Kabado kong pinindot ang berdeng buton bago ito inilagay sa tenga.

Tumikhim ako. "Hello?"

[What are you doing?]

He called only to asked what I'm doing?

"Nakahiga." Maikling sagot ko.

[Did you eat?]

"I haven't.. maybe later." I told him. "Why did you call by the way?"

[Do I need to reason out? It's necessary.] His voice is really sexy!

It makes me mentally not okay.

"Ah okay.. ikaw? Nakauwi kana ba?" I held the teddy bear beside me and hugged it tightly.