Dragons

I decided to hang out alone in the dorm for a while. It gave me time to calm down. I know I was probably over reacting but these were Slytherins we're talking about and they will make a living hell out of anything.

*****

Draco came back in as the already dim green light from the lake began to darken. He was holding a plate and a goblet, with some food already stuffed into his mouth.

"You missed dinner!" He said between mouthfuls.

In all that had happened, I had forgotten about food but the loud growl of my stomach told me it hadn't.

"Not hungry," I mumbled, hoping he hadn't heard my stomach make that dying whale sound.

"I think your stomach says otherwise! Look, I brought you some leftovers," Draco said, handing over a few chicken legs and a goblet of pumpkin juice. "Sorry I ate a bit."

"Thanks, mate," I said, reaching out for the plate. He passed it over and sat down on his bed, which happened to be next to mine.

"We need to figure out if the Gryffindor freaks took the bate," he said, looking out of the far window. "I have a great idea!" He jumped from the bed and turned to face me. "If you go to them and start crying then they'll have to believe you! Then you'll be in." The usual smirk spread widely across his face. "They'll never see what's hit them!"

*****

"Alright, now go!" Draco gave me a small nudge towards the corner of the wall. "Remember the plan? Go over and start crying. They'll comfort you and you'll be in."

"I don't know. I can't cry on demand. I can't do this," I know I was wussing out but this was a bit too far.

"I have a plan! Face me," he grabbed me by the shoulders, turning me to face him. "Look me in the eyes," I did as he said and, as soon as I looked up at him, I felt this excruciating pain coming from my 'area'. Draco had kicked me, or shoved his knee up there and it was the most pain I'd ever felt! I could feel the tears coming to my eyes and I tried to fight them but pretty unsuccessfully. "Told you I had a plan! Now go over there and make up some shit about whatever. GO!"

It took every ounce of my strength to go over there but I managed it all the same. Was this seriously worth a little joke? Just as I was thinking this, Hermione turned around and came rushing over, Ron following cautiously behind.

"Oh my word! Harry, are you alright? What happened?"

"Nothing it's fine. Honestly. Don't worry about me. I'm fine," I said, choking back tears.

"It's clearly not!" She exclaimed. She turned to Ron and said, "don't just stand there! We need to go somewhere we can talk!"

Ron mumbled something inaudible.

"Oh speak up, Ronald!" Hermione said, fiercely.

"I said; we could go to Hagrid's."

"Brilliant idea! He'll know what to do!" Hermione started steering me off towards the wobbly bridge. "Is that alright Harry?"

I quite liked Hagrid. Malfoy loathed him but I secretly thought he was great - one of the only teachers I actually liked! I couldn't tell that to Draco though, he'd insult me and try to convince me otherwise.

"Sounds great!"

*****

"Oh, 'ello 'ermione, Rawn. Oh! I see you've brough' a friend! Who's this then?" Hagrid said, peering down to look at me. "Oh. 'ello 'arry! Long time no see, eh?" He reached out his ginormous hand for me to shake. I shook it gingerly. "Wha' can I be doing for ya today?"