Christmas movie

Sittin' in a café where they always went, surrounded by his best friends, comfortable conversation flying around. He had never felt out of place around them. The conversation was mostly supid small talk, nonetheless, it always felt convenient. As the coffee place, the seats were more so theirs, it was all a part of their routine. He liked the fact that they were hidden from wicked eyes and at the same time being able to see every person that entered the shop for a few seconds before they'd disappear in the dead corner of the counter. He often drank black coffee, sometimes with a sugar or a sip of milk, but it was so rare that it became kind of an event for his friends to mock him when he changed it a small bit.

So obviously he did not know what took over him this morning when he entered the place. Once he had opened the door and walked to the counter with assurance, he had looked at the board with hesitation and the man behind the counter stopped himself from asking: 'The usual?' because even he noticed that, today, he'll drink something else. Why was he looking at the board for so long? Why was he craving something sweet today? He sensed the craziness creep into him, all of his face tensing and the disgust going up in his throat when he talked.

"Can I have a hot chocolate please?" His voice wasn't even sure of what he was asking.

"Are you sure?" The waiter needed to ask.

"Think so. Can you put a shot of espresso in that?" Because come on, he wasn't going to drink it without a bit of bitterness.

"Of course." He answered him, getting ready to do the task.

Now he was there, the cup half empty, of course it was good, he did not dislike chocolate. It just wasn't a drink he wanted to drink at all. Why did he want to today though? His friends had laughed saying that the sky would surely fall on all of their heads. So maybe something would happen, it could be some kind of sign. Thing is, he does not believe one bit in these things. So it just could not be that. Today is just one of these really weird days when he wanted something different and there was nothing more to think about. He would go to work and live this day as normally as it should be. Superstitions and signs are stupid. They are just beliefs other people need to comfort themselves. He has common sense so he doesn't need that.

If so, why is he being so silent and staring at the door like a magical portal would suddenly appear? The few people surrounding him all kept an eye on him. They knew he did not listen to a word they had said this morning. Something was definitely wrong about him today, even if he tried to convince himself that there wasn't. This kind of Gray should be looked after.

Then, after a few minutes, something lit up in his eyes. For him, it was someone that lit up. She appeared behind the glass of the shop, walking in the street with the wind mocking her ocean blue like hair. It felt surreal because she seemed to walk in slow motion, for a matter of fact, everything around him looked frozen. Maybe it's him that froze when he saw her take the handle and open the door, bringing a fresh breeze in her mist. When closed, she had to replace her hair correctly. They made eye contact when she raised her head. He couldn't move one bit, her eyes were beautiful, she smiled at him warmly and he saw her blush a little before she moved to the counter and had to avert her eyes from his.

"Fuck." He whispered loud enough for his friends to hear.

He heard a chuckle beside him and, getting out of his trance, saw that they were mocking him.

"Did you see an angel or something?" Erza asked him, gently mocking him.

"I might have." He answered seriously.

"Literally?" Lucy asked, surprised, looking behind her to check his saying. Obviously seeing nothing. "Is it the chocolate that makes you see things?"

"Haha, laugh all you want. Just wait for her to leave."