No ordinary soldiers

Somewhere at the coast in England

Ghost was sitting around with his cup of tea, when Roach entered the room. "Are you drinkin' tea again? Do you even drink anything else?", Roach wondered.
"Well, that's kind of a british thing I just can't quit doing. I don't know, I love tea.".
There was silence for a moment.
"You know what I hate?", Ghost continued.
"What?"
"Sittin' around all bloody day and waiting for Makarov to make a move".
"Well, even if he did: What would we do? Soap's out of combat for now. You know what happened to him."
"Yes, that was honestly terrifying seeing him in such condition."
Price and Soap headed out to find and eliminate Shepherd for his betrayal after they rescued Roach and Ghost from the old atomic bunker.
But Shepherd put up one hell of a fight and managed to stab Soap in the stomach. Being the tough guy that he is, Soap pulled the knife out and finished off Shepherd. Nikolai saved Price and him afterwards.
At this point, Soap still was unable to fight.
"I'll get my chance. Sooner or later. Makarov had planned everything from the beginning. I won't risk turning my home into a damn warzone again."
Ghost was patient, but the several acts of terror reported in England really concerned him.
"I'd suggest you quit your little tea party and join our meeting. We have a new trace that might bring us a step closer to finding Makarov. What do you think?"
"Sounds good to me."
Ghost stood up and followed Roach into the meeting room of their new base: An old and abandoned training ground of the British army. Or at least it seemed like that. Because inside, there was tons of equipment: weapons, food, armor and everything you could think of.
"Finally, you took your time.".
Price had seemingly lost his patience. A rare thing for him, as he was known by everyone as a calm leader who always had a plan.
"Makarov killed a member of 141 some time ago, you might remember that."
"Allen?", Ghost asked.
"Yeah. Nikolai found out that he knew Allen from the beginning. He knew he was our man. That's why he'd left him behind."
"He wanted to start a freakin' war!"
Roach was pretty angry.
"Because of shit like that, only because some bloody terrorist thinks he has to start world war three, he kills thousand of civilians? That's crazy!"
"No. He didn't just try to start one. He succeeded. We have to find out what he plans to do next. Soap isn't strong enough yet. Simon, Roach. I need both of you. Arm up, we'll start the operation tomorrow."
"Wait a second Price. You don't have a plan? Not even a location? Some information would be great."
"Only thing I got is a location. We will have to go to the taiga in Russia."
"You're kiddin'."
Ghost thought he was joking. Russia just couldn't be right.
"Unfortunately not. I wish I did. We know from trustable sources that one of Makarovs closest partners is currently there, in a secret outpost. He is planning another act of terror, probably in England."
"Well then. Let's get that bastard. We got any support? Air? Ground?"
Ghost just said what Roach thought. Without any support, they'd be three against probably hundreds.
"We got some of the boys from the SAS. They'll bring a VTOL jet. But this is classified. We're officially outlaws, don't forget that. It was already damn hard to arrange that jet."
"No ground reinforcements?"
Roach knew it would be a tough one this time. But they'd gone through worse things.
"The original plan was to meet up with Griggs and the Demon Dogs. But they didn't get clearance to engage. The VTOL is officially on a stealth mission. We'll have to let it look like an emergency engagement."
"We can handle that. Alright then, we know what we have to know. Roach and I will go prepare our weapons."
With that, Ghost and Roach left the room.
"What do you plan on taking with you?", Ghost was asked.
"The usual. M4A1, solozero reflex optic, monolithic suppressor, fifty round mags. On top of that, my trusty old X16 with twelve round mags and a 5mw target designation laser. I guess you'll take your Kilo again?"
"Sure thing. Saved my ass not just one time. Secondary will be a .50 GS.", Roach answered.
"You goin' big, huh?"
"Nothing I can't handle. Well then, some spare mags, flashbangs and C4 and we're good to go. I'll go prepare the stuff. See ya tomorrow."
Roach left and Ghost decided to rest for the remaining evening.