17

**not edited**

♛ 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚 ♛

In a blink of an eye I was back to square one, where it all happened. I was laying on the floor, naked, with shards of glass digging in palms and thighs, ripping through my flesh. What was once pale and smooth skin, now turned into an ugly gash gushing crimson red blood, staining the floor.

This is a game between life and death and it laid in the matter of my hands. Everyone was at stake and it all depended on me. Every actions done solely by me will count, and critically thinking, I can already see this slipping between my fingers.

I had to find a way and cheat through it. How? you ask, I don't know but I will find a way to put an end to it. It's only a matter of time before our encounter happens again. In fact, it's only 2 days away.

I groan, feeling my limbs ache all around me as I try to pull myself to my feet. I shivered as the cold winter air slithered its way from the window, roaming across the bathroom, engulfing me in a chilling hug. My teeth chattered from fright and exhaustion. I limped my way out of the bathroom only to be met with Sam's figure sleeping on the floor, his back leaning on the doorframe.

I tremulously grabbed a towel, wrapping it around myself, ignoring the fact my leg leaked blood making a mess everywhere. Bending down, I winced from the pain. "Sam", I whispered, my throat too dry to sound it aloud. Not wanting to ruin his shirt with my stained hands, I whispered his name hoping he would wake up.

I felt lightheaded, trying to hold onto something to support my weight, I inhaled a deep breath feeling every ounce of strength being sucked into an endless dark abyss. Feeling weak was something I've always hated, and now that I'm in a position where that label perfectly fit, I wanted nothing more but to rage.

It hurt to move.

It hurt to breathe.

It hurt to speak.

It hurt to think.

But it felt good knowing that when I wake up again, I would be looking at the same man who was in front of me, currently holding me to his chest, asking a million questions that I couldn't hear nor answer. I don't know what I felt towards him at that moment, but I knew it was growing with every minute I spent with him.

_________

4 hours later, my fingers began to twitch, seeking movement from the long stillness. My body slightly throbbed when I pressured myself to move . Attempting to stretch my legs, I grimaced feeling the pain from my thigh excessively grow.

"morning sunshine", I was greeted with Sam's soothing voice from beside me. Fluttering my eyes open, I adjusted them to the dim light of my table lamp. It was dark outside indicating it being about 2 o'clock in the morning.

I hummed, my lips curving into a weak smile. My insides filled with warmth, something I longed for nowadays. Seeing as he constantly looked after me without asking much in return made my heart flutter constantly.

A tear slid down the side of my cheek, reminding me of how pitiful I looked. I move my head to the opposite direction of where Sam was seated to avoid eye contact.

"You don't have to keep it in anymore soph.." he quietly muttered, soothingly gliding his hand down my hair. This was the last gesture he made before I burst into tears.

"C'mere" he shifts closer towards me holding me to his chest tightly. "let it all out". I cried and cried in his arms until there were no more tears left. It was a relief at the very least, but definitely not something I would want to do again.

Sick of being in bed for that long, I sniffle, detaching myself from him and the warm covers. Forgetting the injury that was still on my thigh, I winced yet again once I moved my leg.