Ch. 5 Roadtrip From Hell

IT'S GETTING DANGEROUS!!!!!

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALYSSA'S POV

"Are you orange?"

"No."

"Are you yellow?

"No."

"Are you red?"

"No."

Landon decided that we should play twenty questions. One person had to pick something or someone to be and then they're interrogated with twenty yes or no questions. He wouldn't stop bothering me until I agreed on a game to play. So I told him I was a vegetable. I chose to be a potato. He would never be able to guess that.

I could tell he was getting frustrated with my answers because they were all no so far. The only question he actually got a yes for was when he asked if I was round. Now he wasn't even concentrating on the fact that I'm a vegetable. He was just asking random questions that could be for fruits or vegetables which got him more 'no' answers.

"Okay I give up. What the hell are you?"

I smiled, this was the first time he actually got me to smile. I wanted to laugh at the expression on his face. He desperately wanted to know what i had decided on choosing.

"Potato."

"What?"

"Potato."

"Out of all the vegetables, you choose a boring potato?!"

"Yep."

He stared at me a few seconds and then started laughing. I couldn't help but join him. After a few minutes, the laughter died down and we were met with silence. We had turned off the radio because we couldn't decide on a radio station.

My phone made a sound, indicating that I got a email. I froze. It could be the same person that's been stalking me. I was afraid to open up the email and see what else this weirdo says. I hope he didn't know about the trip to the cabin. What if they decided to follow me there? I shivered, thinking about someone sneaking around to watch me gave me the creeps.

"Are you cold?"

I turned to look at Landon, who had a concerned look on his face. I nodded, not wanting to tell him the real reason behind the shiver. I already dragged my parents into this. They promised to keep an eye out for anything suspicious and when we got back from the trip, they would call the police. There was no reason for Landon to get involved just yet. I'm still trying to figure out the 'friend' that needed to back off according to the mystery person.

I decided that there was no harm in looking at the email. It was probably another I'll see you soon' kind of email. I had nothing to worry about so I opened up the email on my phone and read the small email.

Your friend doesn't seem to understand what 'stay away' means so I'm going to need to send him a special message. I apologize in advance if my girl gets hurt in the process.

My eyes went wide and I couldn't breathe. Did they know where we were? I turned around in my seat to see if I could tell if anyone was following us. There were four cars behind us and none of them seemed to be following close behind us. I sighed in relief and turned back around to sit back in the passenger seat. I was acting crazy.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just stretching because we've been in this car a while."

"Oh."