Chapter 2 : Cold

I could hear Carlo giggle in his sleep, while Asta snuggled up against the cold concrete wall. I smiled looking down at her beautiful bright skin, then tried to scoot her into a more comfortable place, but back to her safe place she went...

Then I heard footsteps above. They were hard and heavy, and at first there wasn't a voice. "Victor," I thought to myself then I heard the bag of supplies slam down.

I got up and sat underneath the laundry shoot, and started listening a little harder. I tried to picture the faces of the men above, but each time my mind came up with a new face and figure.

More footsteps, these ones are lighter, quicker... "Enzo." Ready to accept any order from Victor or Pietro. If I had any chance of survival...Enzo seemed to be all hope.

"Move these," Victor ordered above.

Asta groaned, rolled over and cuddled Carlo. I could hear them moving bags around. Grocery bags, Something anyone could be reminded of. Then I heard a bang....they bought something heavy...and a lot of it.

"So, what's Pietro doi—"

"Mind your business boy," Victor barked," There's plenty of work to think about."

"What location are they going tho—"

"Enzo! Work,"

I heard Victor move from the above room, into their kitchen. A cabinet slammed, and then the ice machine went off. I heard water running for a moment, then he sat his a cup down. I could tell it was plastic, because the glass always seems to cling against every surface.

Enzo stayed in the above room, I could still hear him shifting around the bags, and putting all the supplies into the back corner. Then another set of footsteps clunked their way over towards Enzo. Each step seemed to be gradually thought out, slowly creeping towards the back corner.

"Come on hurry this up," a females voice ordered.

"It's always do this, and never thankyou... I'm starting to second guess my placement in this business," Enzo scoffed.

*BOOM*

The floor shook for a moment, while the sound of shattering glass echoed in my ears. A gust of wind swept up against my thighs, and I tried rubbing my frozen finger tips against my skin to warm myself. a numb tingling sensation crawled up my arms, and once again I felt defeated.

"Enzo!" I cried quietly.

A thousand different possibilities ran through my mind, but I hardly had time to process anything.... all I could do is lay underneath the laundry shoot as my body continued to cool, but before I could listen any harder a man with dark hair looked down the laundry shoot, then grumbled," That bitch has been listening!"