Chapter 8

Adam was pacing in front of the tv when Arianna arrived at his apartment. The once tidy living room was trashed. The table and chairs were flipped over. Books were scattered across the room, and there were shards of broken glass everywhere.

Arianna entered the apartment with the key Adam had hidden under a loose brick outside the apartment. As soon as she entered Adam stopped pacing, and quickly picked up a kitchen knife that was lying on top of the tv.

"Woah." Arianna said, obviously surprised at his violent reaction.

He sighed in relief. "It's just you. Thank god."

He put the knife back and pulled Arianna into a hug. His checks were tear-stained and his eyes were blood shot. Arianna felt horrible and hugged him back. June wasn't even truly dead and she was putting Adam and the rest of her friends through hell. Arianna quickly thought about Dan and Matt. She wondered how they were handling it, but they had each other. Adam needed her more right now, but she didn't know what to say to him. She never was really good at the whole comfort thing.

Finally Adam released her. He went to sit down on the couch, and she followed him.

"I hate this feeling." He muttered.

Arianna grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Sadness?" She asked.

"Sad, pissed, confused and maybe a little scared." He admitted.

"Why?"

Adam sighed and leaned back. "Just this morning June was fine. Not suicidal at all. It couldn't have changed that quickly. It makes you wonder if it's actually suicide."

"Adam are you suggesting murder?" Arianna asked.

"It's not completely insane Ana. June wouldn't just off herself like that."

"She downed a bottle of pills Adam. I'm pretty sure that's suicide. And we both know how good June was at keeping her feelings inside."

"Ana she sucked at it. You know that." He said standing up. "What if those CreepyPasta bastards did it?"

Arianna rubber her forehead. "I am sick of hearing about them. They're not fucking real." She lied.

"It's got to be them! But why us? Why are they targeting us?"

"Adam! Get your shit together! June's dead, Maxie's in the hospital, and you're pointing fingers at nonexistent killers!" Arianna wasn't half bad at lying.

Adam began to pace again. He raked his shaky hands through his hair. He didn't handle grief well.

"Selfish bitch." He cursed June silently.

He looked like he was about to hit something. Arianna jumped up and stood in front of him.

"Adam," she said, grabbing his hands that were balled into fists. "Just calm down. It will be okay." She soothed.

"No. She's...dead." He said.

Arianna led Adam back to the couch and made him sit down. "Breathe just breathe."

Tears began to fall from Adam's eyes yet again. He pulled Arianna into another hug.

Damn you June. Now I have to comfort the rest of them and lie to them. Arianna thought angrily.

She began feeling slightly uncomfortable being used for his source of comfort, but she didn't want to be selfish and hugged him in return.

"We'll get through this. It'll be okay." Arianna said.

"I hope so." Adam replied.

A sudden wind filled the apartment followed by a small pop sound.

"Am I interrupting something? Awww, are you two having a moment?" A voice
said.