Chapter 7

Arianna was left alone in the sudden silence of the house. The full impact of the reality of her situation began to set it.

"Holy shit." She said quietly.

She didn't know what to do. As she reviewed the conversation in her head, she felt another anxiety attack coming. She needed to focus on something besides what was happening.

She had to put the gun back before Greta returned home. Arianna went back to her mother's bedroom and returned the pistol back to its original place in the nightstand. She then went to her room. In somewhat of a daze, she went to the edge of her bed and stared out the window. The coffee cup she had thrown at Ben was still on the floor. The coffee had dripped out of the cup and onto the carpet. Greta was going to freak out, but Arianna didn't care. She was too absorbed in the decision that jackass psycho Ben was forcing her to make in three days. She was beginning to develop a burning hatred towards him.

Minutes turned to an hour and Arianna remained where she was. She had lost track of time when she had heard the front door open.

"Ana! You home?" Greta shouted from downstairs.

Arianna was pulled back into reality. She stood up slowly, and made her way back downstairs.

"Yeah I'm here." She said as she walked into the kitchen where Greta was unloading groceries.

Greta came from the Deep South. Alabama to be precise. She was short and plump with mousy brown hair, and tan features. She spoke in a thick southern accent, and was an amazing cook.

"Good you can help with this. I've got to cook before your mother comes home. You know how she expects her meals. Nothing less than the best." She said.

Arianna took her usual seat in the counter. "What are you making?"

"Spicy tuna rolls. Your mothers personal request."

Arianna cringed. "Sounds delicious." She lied.

Greta laughed. "I've got some leftover chicken salad for you honey."

"Thank God." She sighed in relief.

Greta began to make the food. The nauseating scent of tuna wafted through the house.

"That's disgusting." Arianna stated.

Greta shrugged. "Boss's orders right. Have to keep my job lookin' out for you."

"We don't pay you enough for this." Arianna said.

"You're tellin' me." She replied. "Well shoot. I forgot the darn rosemary."

Arianna laughed slightly. "You have quite the southern accent when you're angry Greta."

"Oh hush. I need you to go back to the store and get some. And pick yourself up some lunch child. You're skinny as a toothpick." Greta handed her some money.

Arianna however had no intention of spending the money. She would pay with her own.

She scoffed at Greta's comment. "Hardly." she said.

"Go quickly. Your mom's coming home round dinner time. Shoo." She rushed Arianna out the door.

Grabbing the keys off the counter top, Arianna was happy to get out of the smelly house. At least preforming these simple tasks distracted her from the Ben/June situation. The drive was five minutes tops. She drove her fathers black Camry. It wasn't as nice of a car as Adam's, but she liked it.

The grocery store wasn't crowded. Only a few people were spread throughout the isles. Arianna navigated her way quickly to the isle with the rosemary. She knew nothing about spices and was having difficulty picking between two similar looking ones.