Infernius

Infernius POV:
I found my self awakening in my home, sat in a chair in front of a desk littered in books. I rubbed my eyes and walked over to the mirror in confusion. I sighed at the sight I saw. This dream is getting out of hand. This happened fifteen years after that timeout day I thought to myself. I had turned 23 last week, and as usual, I studied books. I even began writing some of my own spell books as I discovered more methods of magic than what was availed to us in the libraries. Some of the elders disliked my glutton for knowledge and warned me to be careful with what I invent, for it could cause irreversible consequence.

I scoffed at these people for worrying too much. I am a careful person, with a caring attitude. Since anyways, I was working on some theatrical spells of my own... not any harmful ones. I had planned to confess my love to Scarlett. Even though I haven't seen her for a couple years, due to academic studying and working on this confession, I still loved her. I had finally perfected my spell that would put on a huge spectacular showcase of my affection to her and today was the day I would use it. I had travelled far with my spell book in my bag, to arrive to Scarlett's current address. I took a deep breath in before knocking on the door.

Once I knocked on the door, I heard fast footsteps approaching and the door opened, but to my surprise, it wasn't Scarlett. In fact, it was a child. "Hello there, mister," the young girl said, "Are you here to see mommy and daddy?" I was in complete shock. "Mommy... and daddy?" I echoed. Suddenly Scarlett approached the doorway and smiled at me. "Long time no see Malakai," she spoke sweetly, "I see you've met our little Stella here."

"When? Who?" Scarlett was soon joined by a man I recognized all too well. It was Tobias... the descendant of Gwendolyn. "Oh hey!" Tobias exclaimed, "Didn't expect to see you here. How goes it?" I began to put the pieces of this heart-wrenching puzzle together. Stella was the product of Scarlett and Tobias. They had been a thing since... since... I don't know how long. My heart and my mind couldn't take this embarrassment and pain, and I found myself bolting off their doorstep.

"Malakai! Where are you going!?" Scarlett shouted as I ran away from the house. I wiped tears of anger and sadness from my eyes as I continued running and never looked back. I couldn't stand to face them... I couldn't stand to face him. I ran off into the Mystic Forest and kept running until I tripped over a tree root, and face-planted into the ground. I didn't feel the motivation to get up from there, so I just pounded the ground with my fist in frustration.

"I spent too long," I sobbed, "I took too much time into my studies. Now I've lost her... I've lost her." I glanced upwards and I noticed an opening to an overgrown cave. Vines and moss grew over it's gaping mouth and looked out of place with the rest of the forest. I wiped tears from my eyes and looked at the cave with curiosity. "This... This surely didn't exist here fifteen years ago... did it?" I got up from the ground and brushed off my pants. I moseyed over to the opening of the cave and brushed the vines aside before entering. The cave was dark, gloomy, and damp, so I conjured a small flame and held it in front of my face to illuminate the cave.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, just any other average old cave you could find in the Overworld... yet, the cave felt alive. I couldn't brush the feeling of being watched. It felt like a fly buzzing in my ear, as if the cave was humming its mysterious story. I turned a corner and fell backwards in astonishment, as several zombie corpses were strung up on the cave walls. I shot my fireball at one and exploded it entirely, before I realized these zombies were already killed. Once I got my bearings in gear, I realized what I had stumbled upon. In the belly of the cave, was an altar like I've never seen before. One that looked malicious. One that looked dangerous to be around.

I approached the altar, and the buzzing seemed to emanate from the goblet that sat upon it. I glanced down and saw an inverted pentagram carved into the surface of the altar, along with a few flowers that looked hellish. In front of the goblet sat one lonely book with a blackened skeleton face on it. It was ominous, but my addiction to knowledge got my interests climaxing. I touched the book gently and the humming stopped instantly. I looked around and it felt silent in the cave.