CHAPTER 10

She smiled at you before closing her eyes and going to sleep, resting from the exhaustion of battling the sickness. You smiled fondly. I'm so glad I met you that day.

Sitting on the beach a few days later, Glacier suddenly took a defensive stance in front of you.

"What is it, Glacier?" you asked, standing up.

She continued growling at the water which was no more wavy than before. A Scauldron rose up and you looked at it.

"You can relax, Glacier," you chuckled, "it's the Scauldron who helped us."

The Scauldron nodded. "I came to talk to you. I've never seen a human like you before."

"There are no humans like me," you smirked. "So do you want a name?"

"Yes, please. I'm a boy," he informed.

"Coolio. I have the perfect name for you. Heatwave. Because the water you spit comes in waves and is very heated," you smiled.

He laughed. "I like it. What's your name?"

"I'm Y/n," you said. "These are Dalfon and Glacier. They're also my friends," you told him, gesturing to the two dragons who had left to play wrestling on the beach.

"Nice names, all of you," he complimented. "If you ever need me, I'll be near."

You smiled at him before he dove down again. "Thank you, Heatwave."

***

"Wakey-wakey, Glacier, Dalfon!" you said cheerfully. "I can't sleep so we're going on a night flight."

"Why is it always after you?" Dalfon groaned.

"I don't know," you chirped, getting on Glacier's back. "Now let's go find Heatwave so he can join us."

***

"Where are we going?" Heatwave asked sleepily.

"Something tells me that we should check out the Outcast Island," you said quietly, carefully listening to your surroundings.

"Is that something the dragons in the sky?" Dalfon asked, a smirk in his voice.

You chuckled. "Bingo."

***

At dawn, you landed on the abandoned parts of the island. "We're staying here as long as they are," you informed the three dragons. "Heatwave, stay near the island."

"You got it," he said cheerily and went deeper into the water.

"You two, let's go closer to the gang. That way we can hear the plans and see where we can help," you commanded.

"Are you sure that you-"

"Not yet, Glacier," you cut her off. "Let's go."

Toothless sniffed the air, turning his head so he could see where you were.

"What is it, Bud?" Hiccup asked. You frantically shook your head, giving your point to Toothless.

He grumbled tiredly and put his head to the ground.

You sighed in relief, continuing to wait.

***

As all the others charged, you rose above the clouds. "Fire," you commanded. They both fired at the ground putting distance between the gang and the Outcasts. Hiccup picked up the book Alvin had dropped and went back on Toothless.

"Let's go, guys!" Hiccup said, the gang plus Heather rising into the air and starting to destroy the Outcasts' defense.

You smiled. "A few more blasts and we'll head home." Flying down above the water, you called for Heatwave and told him to burn any things near the shore, including the Outcasts' ships.

"Good job," you patted his nose. "Now let's go home."

Hiccup looked up at the clouds. I wonder who helped us... No! She's dead, Hiccup. Let her go.

"Thinking of Y/n again, Hiccup?" Astrid asked, looking at the look on his face.

"I can't help it," he said sadly. "Who helped us back there? It could've been her."

Astrid sighed. "I wish she was alive too, Hiccup. But it's smarter not to get your hopes up."