37

In the drizzle, the beauty of the green hills in the distance was like a beauty with gauze covering her face, causing one to feel inexplicable yearning.

But this was undoubtedly a day that would cause the hundreds of thoudands of marching soldiers wishing they could curse and scold loudly instead. The wet and slippery roads were already difficult to navigate. But after so many people trampling over on them, the main roads, which were not originally wide, became even more muddy and a pain to slog through.

Su Mu's carriage got stuck in a pit, and a maid opened an oil paper umbrella to cover over Su Mu's head.

Thousand-layered soles with the black surface embroidered with dragon patterns, instantly sank into the mud as soon as he stepped onto the ground.

The maid looked anxious, and persuaded gently: "Your Highness, it's better for this slave to call someone to carry you over."

"No need." Su Mu walked to the grass on the side of the road, and the maid hurriedly ordered someone to bring Su Mu a pair of new shoes for him to change into.

Su Mu waved his hand and refused, and took a few guards with him to the top of a mountain. Up at this height he had a sweeping view of the 150,000 army, appearing like a long snake winding through the mountains. Mountains stood on both sides of the narrow main road.

In the hazy fog, the slender figure stood in the most dangerous place on the mountain. Taking half a step ahead would mean falling down the bottomless slope. The black robe on the slender figure was embroidered with exquisite dark patterns, providing an attractive contrast against porcelain white skin.

The clear wine poured out from the dark red gourd. Ye Qingfeng lay on a big branch not far away, leisurely admiring the beauty while tasting the wine, the picture of a carefree libertine.

As the saying goes, one would think of lustful matters when one was warm and fed, let alone a person like Ye Qingfeng who had a head full of lustful thoughts despite not full or warm. Just the thought of the paradise he had experienced a few days ago caused him to become excited. The look in his eyes as he stared at Su Mu was like that of a hungry wolf staring at a piece of fat meat, wishing to swallow it whole right away.

Su Mu's senses were keen, and that blatant stare was not subtle at all, of course it was impossible not to notice it. But, he didn't pay it any mind.

After awhile, the spies sent by Su Mu came back.

"Reporting to Your Highness, the road fifty miles away is blocked by huge rocks reaching nine feet high and one hundred feet wide."

The mountains in this area were steep, and there was only this small road within a hundred miles. It was already quite lucky that they had traveled halfway this smoothly. If there were no enemies in this easy-to-defend and hard-to-attack place, he wouldn't have to borrow troops from the Wu kingdom.

Su Mu turned and walked down from the stone. Shi Yan bowed and said, "Your Highness, there is no other path around. Don't know what to do with those stones?"

Su Mu walked a few steps and said to the guard who came to report: "First, send someone to level the top stones. Push the stones at both ends and pile them into a slope. If you can't push them down, then look for stones to pile into slopes, then fix dozens of ropes at both ends."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Fifty miles away, a sturdy man on the top of a cliff looked at the path completely blocked by the boulders and a smile appeared on his handsome face.

Suddenly a touch of black in the distance appeared in his line of sight, and the people around him immediately became vigilant. They said to the man: "General, it is Su Mochi's minion."