Phantom

Art by me!

Art by me!

Thump.

Tommy opened his eyes to pitch black room. It was still night.

He flung the covers off of him, sneaking over to his door and opening it. It was about this time that Tommy would do some midnight reading in the library. Puffy had caught him only once.

Thump.

Tommy opened the door only a bit, peeking out and scanning the hallway for any guards or his caretaker.

He could hear thunder from his bedroom window and the pattering of rain. After such wonderful weather yesterday, Tommy expected there would be a storm.

Lightning flashed, lighting up the hallway for a slit second. A figure stood in the middle of the corridor, his bat-like wings spread, his claws sharp, his eyes glowing a neon green. A phantom. Tommy had read about the hybrid once.

The corridor went dark again, and Tommy slowly backed away from his door and into his room, his eyes wide and his breath quick. If the phantom saw him he was surely dead.

The grandfather clock in the hallway struck twelve.

GONG!

CRASH!

Lighting lit up his entire room, and the door flew off its hinges, barely missing Tommy and smashing through the window, and splintered into peices as it the dizzying hight to the courtyard below. The phantom stood at doorway, his eyes boaring into the prince's soul. Tommy shouted out in surprise and fear. "PUFFY!"

Puffy burst out of her room, hearing her name being called. Tommy's door was wide open and there was no sound inside. Puffy rushed for the door and turned on the gas lamp.

Tommy was lying on the floor near the window, a phantom hybrid kneeling next to him, bat wings spread. His skin was a greyish purple. When he turned, he smiled at Puffy.

"Hello, miss. Sorry to intrude, but Tommy's coming with me."

Puffy only stood in horror as the lanky hybrid stood, picking Tommy up.

"Now, I'll be on my way. I've got what I wanted. Tell anyone about me and you'll be very sorry." He kicked at the window, shattering what remained of it and letting the storm blow in. Spreading his wings, he jumped into the night sky, flapping away.

Puffy only then realized what happened, and screamed. Falling to the ground, she sobbed, cursing herself, cursing the phantom, cursing everything.

In the morning, Dream found her there, still crying. He knelt down, turning her to face him, and asked what happened.

"T-Tommy! He's g-gone!" Puffy wiped her red eyes with her fist. "I woke up to Tommy shouting my name a-and then when I came I saw him. He was lying near the window, with that man standing over him."