Carl Imagine

Carl walked into the cell, smiling softly as he walked over to the crib. His baby sister was sleeping, as usual - she seemed to be quite tame for having the world ending around her. He walked over towards the bed, sitting down against the edge. He missed his mother, but his sister was the perfect reminder of her. However, there were other things on his mind. He was teenager, he surely should have had his first kiss. He should have at least gone through his first heartbreak, but he would never have the chance. There weren't many girls inside the prison, none that were his age - it was actually quite lonely at times.
He sighed softly as he removed his hat, placing it down beside him. He ran his fingers through his hair, ruffling the dark locks. He wanted to be normal, he wanted to act like a boy his age. Carl shifted his eyes downwards, looking into the crib. He did have one thing on his side, he had the chance to be a big brother. He had always wanted a younger sibling before the outbreak, but there was never time. His father was too caught up in work, as well as his mother - it didn't seem right for them to start a family. However, that obviously changed - even if the circumstances weren't under what they had originally hoped. It still happened.
As Judith opened her eyes, he reached down into the crib - letting her grab onto his finger. He smiled at her touch, before standing up. He scooped the child up in his arms, holding her close to his chest - as he rocked her. "I'm never going to let anything happen to you, Judith." He spoke, peering down at the child. There were many people at the prison, who would never dare allow something to hurt the child - but he vowed with his life. He didn't care if he had to die in the process of keeping her safe, his baby sister would live a long and happy life. "Those monsters outside will never touch you, I won't allow it."
He carried the child out of the cell, walking into the dining area. He sat down at one of the tables, holding his sister in his lap. Perhaps the apocalypse wasn't such a bad thing. He had his family, who were all he needed. He was fairly happy with his current life.