⁰⁴. ᴼʰ ᴹʸ ᴸᵒᵛᵉ ᴹʸ ᴰᵃʳˡⁱⁿᵍ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝘖𝘩 𝘔𝘺 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘔𝘺 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨

   "YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKIN' IDIOT, CJ." Chris rolled his eyes at Malcolm's comment. He wasn't sure how many minutes he'd been listening to the teasing.

He glanced over his shoulder to see Malcolm sipping his whiskey. His tux was tight and restraining most of his movements. God, Chris could practically see the man focus with lifting the glass to his lips. It was rather amusing.

Turning back towards the mirror, he smirked. "Couldn't find anything smaller?" That earned a playful punch in the shoulder by the older man who stood beside him.

For the past five weeks, the pair had secured an apartment. Malcolm is the one to go out and grab groceries and furniture. But at night, Chris went around town and got to see what had changed since his disappearance. And it was safe to say that he felt more of a tourist than a kid coming back to his hometown.

Things had changed, that was for sure. Veronica's dad had taken control of the town, and this G&G bullshit was at large. Pops was still standing despite the attacks from Ghoulies a year ago. It was fantastic to see, even from a distance. By the time he'd been welcomed back into town, he'd heard that Archie had left for a cabin in Canada. So, he had stopped at Fred's place and had some coffee. He caught up on the things he'd missed in his time away from Riverdale.

But it was Veronica Lodge that he needed to see and speak to as soon as he could. So, he decided to get him and Malcolm some fancy tuxes. They plan to make their presence known to the town by visiting the La Bonne Nuit, owned by Veronica. It was the best thing Chris could come up with, and he wasn't going to back out on it. He even planned on performing just for extra measure.

"If I don't find myself a fine piece tonight." Malcolm let out a grunt. "I'm probably going to lose it."

"Hermione Lodge," Chris replied. "She's married, but from your past, you have no problem with that."

The older man grinned ear to ear as he pointed at Chris. "Ain't that the fuckin' truth," he chuckled. "You point me in the direction, and I'm going, man."

"Not tonight," Chris told him. "Tonight is about getting drunk and having some fun."

"Oh, come on," Malcolm huffed. "Fun is having sex, man. Or have you forgotten since the last time you fucked was over a year ago?"

They made their way out of the apartment and down the hall towards the stairs. "Who said I haven't had sex in over a year?"

"You did, jackass."