¹⁰. ᴬ ᵂᵃʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 || 𝘈 𝘞𝘢𝘳

"OLIVIA, WITH HIRAM IN THE HOSPITAL, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO EXPAND HIS REACH. Not fund whatever the fuck you have planned for your personal gain." Chris doesn't know how long he'd been fighting with the Blossom on this matter. It's felt like hours, but in all actuality, it's only been 2 minutes. Olivia had grown a tendency to irk a headache for the boy and he wasn't particularly in the mood for it.

The girl sat on the other side of his desk clenched her jaw. "This is a legitimate business I'm talking about, Chris," she stated. "A front that we both can use instead of this warehouse. People are talking and already suggesting what we may be doing."

Chris took a puff off his cigarette and stared at the girl emotionlessly. "So let them." He shrugged, flicking the ash off the tip of the cigarette. "We continue the business that Hiram has gifted us and expand to further customers in neighbouring towns. How hard is this for you to understand?"

"It's not. It's the fact that you clearly can't tell that I am in charge of keeping this looking like a working establishment whilst you deal with trafficking the drugs." Olivia sighed, standing to her feet and moving around the desk and to his side. Placing a paper in front of him that had percentages and a whole lot of numbers Chris wasn't in the mood to read. Not when his mind is focused on his boss and Harry who had yet to show his face to anyone. "Read this."

Staring at the paper for a moment, Chris grunted as he sat up with his cigarette resting lazily in the corner of his lips. Taking the crinkled paper between his calloused fingertips and read it over. Percentages, costs, investments. There was a whole lot of money that had to be spent and a lot of it wasn't in their bank.

"And how do you expect we pay for all of this?" He inquired, placing his cigarette in his ashtray.

"Hermione," Olivia said. "I can call her and ask to make a few phone calls. Once they hear that the Blossoms are making a Whiskey, they'll all jump on board with investments into the company.  Which then create's our money problem. I would just need your signature for it."

Defeated, Chris grabbed a pen and messily wrote his signature across the dotted line. "There." He handed the paper to her. "Now, fuck off."

Olivia was surprised by the outburst as she watched Chris pinch the bridge of his nose. The faintest of shakes in his hands. Which he clenched tightly in an attempt to steady himself. But whatever form of shock passed over Olivia soon disappeared into anger. "You know, Chris? You haven't changed. You will never fucking change!"