Chapter 2

Destiny's Pov
I'm sleeping when all of a sudden I hear the front door slam. I sit up, stretch and then head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and the first thing I see is the fridge door left wide open. I look around for my mom but she's nowhere in sight. I assume she left to get alcohol and I know I'm right when I spot a pizza box and a half empty beer on the table. I go to grab a slice and Instantly roll my eyes when I see there's nothing in there. I know I can't stop her from drinking but the least she can do is pick up after herself when she does. She's a complete slob and If it weren't for me this house would be a disaster. I throw the pizza box away and dump the last of the beer in the sink before throwing the bottle away.

I look in the fridge to see what I can eat but find nothing but expired milk so I shut the fridge and go back upstairs. I had brought a bag of chips up there last night so i guess that's what I'll have for dinner.

I lay in bed, open up Twitter and after about ten minutes of scrolling I go to my Ariana Grande playlist and hit shuffle.

I was a liar I gave into the fire
I know I should've fought it
At least I'm being honest
Feel like a failure
Cause I know that I failed you
I should've done you better
Cause you don't want a liar

I grab my hair brush and begin to sing when suddenly I hear the front door slam shut again. I quickly turn my music off and sit there in fear.

"DESTINY!" My mother shouts.

I take a deep breath before opening the door to my room. I walk down the stairs and go into the living room where I see my mom standing there. She's pissed.

What could I have possibly done wrong this time?

Hey loves. I know the chapters are really short, but I promise you they will get longer. Thank you for reading, have a lovely day.
I love you 😘
xoxo~Monica