Chapter 9

Destiny's POV

"Alright, now I am going to have to ask Destiny a few questions." officer Shmit says as he looks over at me.

I look up and take a deep breath.

"Okay..."

"Did your mother ever hit you?"

"Yeah... sometimes."

From the corner of my eye I could see that Ariana was upset. I didn't tell her that my mom would hit me because I didn't want her to worry about me.

"Where did your mother hit you and did she hit you with anything?" Officer shmit asks me.

"She would smack me and punch me in the face and sometimes she would even throw empty beer bottles at me."

He types down what I just said and I can tell that Ariana is trying really hard not cry in front of me.

"Is there anything else I need to know about your mother or your life at back home?" Officer shmit asks me.

I think for a moment about telling him that my mom wouldn't let me go to school but then I decide not to because he would only ask me more questions and I don't want to answer anymore questions at the moment.

"No. That's it." I lie.

"Alright, I will be back." He says as he stands up and leaves me and Ariana alone in the room.

"Ari-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Destiny you said you told me everything and you lied to me." She says hurt.

"Ari I didn't tell you because I didn't want to upset you or make you worry."

"Love of course I am going to worry about you. That's something that I just can't stop doing. You're like my baby now and I'm always gonna worry. Even if you don't want me to. Starting now I want you to be honest with me. Okay?"

"O-okay. And I really am sorry that I didn't tell you sooner." I apologize.

"It's okay love. But we are going to be honest with each other right?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I lie.

It's not like I want to lie to Ari. It's just something that I have to do so that she won't get hurt. If I tell her what Sean did to me she will freak out. I also can't tell her that I cut myself because that will worry her even more. I don't want to be a problem for her. Ariana deserves to be happy and I will do all that I can to make sure she is always happy.

She gives me a smile and then she hugs me. I hug her back tightly.

"I love you and I just want what's best for you. I want you to be happy." She tells me.

I nod and I pull away.

The door opens and officer shmit comes back in with some papers.

He takes out a pen and he puts the papers and the pen in front of Ariana  and she smiles at me.

She signs where he tells her to and when she is done he takes them from her.