Chapter One: Tita Buttergirl

The sound was like an echo ringing in her ear

The sound was like an echo ringing in her ear.  It was repetitive—— as Itchy Worms' "Akin Ka Na Lang" playing on the hotel TV.

Nicole woke up with a throbbing headache that felt like her live corpse was dragged through the South Luzon Expressway and back.  Her head rang and her throat was parched. 

The room still felt like it was spinning then it suddenly all dawned on her.

"Shit. This song. This is what got me here. I hate you, tequila. Yung El Chapo. Traidor. Hindi na ako iinom ever.  Shit. Shit. Shit. Fudge. Fudge. Fu——Freak. Freak. Freak!"

She does not cuss and that made it harder because she was freaking out.

She was freaking out.  She was hyperventilating. She was gathering the blanket to cover her cold and naked body.

She gasped. She felt so bare.

She looked at the mess of the bed —- it was not like how it was depicted in the movies that you forget the night before.

"Ohnononononononono!" she said as she tied up her disheveled hair.

She clearly remembered.  Most details.  The most lascivious ones, at least.

Shocking.

The strong hands. The searing and almost hypnotic kisses. The tugging of the hair. The hot mouth enveloping her.  The unsparing tongue that came after.  The warmth of the body scooping her in. The powerful arms she had to stay still in.   The thrill and mix of fear exploring a stranger's body.

The big bump on her head when she tried to move too fast towards the wall. Walling fail.

"Shit—- may bukol pa—- nakakahiya," she muttered as she touched her forehead.  She saw the melted polka-dot ice bag next to her.

The sun was beaming and it hurt her eyes as she looked at the window that overlooked the white sand beach.

But next to the window was a familiar wiry and tanned body.  The curves hitting through the shadows.  The tall frame. The wavy hair swimming through the white sheets.  The long finger and the familiar ring.  The groans murmured through the pillows.  The stranger she slept with the night before.