Chapter Seven: Dear Vinny

Author's Note:  Work of fiction

Author's Note:  Work of fiction.  The edits are all for visuals and a way to tell the story.  All characters are mine.  Fun lang ito!

If you are uncomfortable with depictions of women who love women, this story is not for you.

Thanks!

On to the story.

————

Nicole despised how Vinny Biazon ruined Christmas for her.

That vile, weirdong dambuhala.

Nicole used to love the festivities— the big break between December 21st until January 2nd.

For her it was just filled with cheerful and warm memories. Christmas carols, the lit up trees, the melodic lights, the gut-stuffing in Noche Buena, Simbang Gabi laughter, the prank gifts from her siblings, getting Lukas the best action figures, the fireworks, the smell of watusi, the champagne buzz, and just the pure fun of it.

But of course, what transpired last week left a stain in her Christmas memories. It was now up there with Migs cheating on her.

Nicole had deleted Vinny from her favorite contacts list.   There was a point in time that Vinny along with her son had been her favorite notification.  Now she brushed away such thoughts.

Delusional, she called herself.

Umasa ka naman, she berated at herself.

Tanga mo talaga—- una si Migs tapos ngayon sa bata, she nagged at herself.

She had somehow stuffed the unicorn stuffed toys and the photos in a black plastic bag. But she could not get herself to get rid off the chef necklace yet. It meant a lot for her when she was celebrated as a chef.

Even if it was a gift from weirdong dambuhala and heartless robot, Vinny.

She brushed away such thoughts. She was busy at the industrial kitchen as she rushed through orders for Media Noche. There she piled up boxes of orders for her meat lovers pizza and her Pasta Alla Lukas with a special request of lower on spice.

"Chi! Ang daming order nito— lahat naman sa iisang lugar lang. Ilang tao ba papakainin nito? Office party ba 'to?" Jason said as he piled on the orders to his van.

"Aba! Malay ko... basta para raw kay Melanie Michaela Olivarez," Nicole said, squinting her eyes as she read the order sheet.

"Ok Chi. Diretso ito sa San Andres. Kami na ni Shoti magdeliver," David interrupted as he grabbed Jason's arm. Her two brothers were sweating as they stacked all the deliveries together.

"Ano kamo, David? San Andres?" Nicole asked as her brothers left her in the industrial kitchen.

And she was only enveloped by silence.