Chapter Four: The Rebound

Nicole almost fell face flat on the floor, if not for Vinny Biazon saving her

Nicole almost fell face flat on the floor, if not for Vinny Biazon saving her.   She had her eyes focused on the young woman still holding on to her waist.  She was awkwardly in an odd dip position and Vinny was still enumerating reasons about her reflexes.

"O—-ok lang ako—- thank you," Nicole stammered as she tried getting up.

Vinny was still holding on to her small waist as Nicole stood up. 

Vinny was still bent a little as if still trying to steady Nicole.

Their faces had been mere inches apart with the tall raven-haired woman looking at Nicole quizzically.  Her eyes kept wandering around Nicole's face. 

Looking at her with a severity that seemed to jump into the older woman's soul.

It had an effect on her that she could not quite explain.  Like there was a glow on Vinny's face and the mesmerizing glimmer in her eye.

Nicole's skin suddenly felt warm again just being around the tall woman.  Why is she acting like this?

"May dumi ba ako sa mukha?" Nicole asked consciously, feeling the blush on her cheeks.

"Ilang oras tulog mo kagabi?" Vinny asked seriously, her eyes darting all over Nicole's face.

"Ha? Bakit? Mga four hours?"

"Halata nga wala kang tulog.  Ang laki ng eyebags. Drier skin.  Alam mo pag natutulog tayo we create new collagen as we sleep? Pag four hours a night ka matutulog —- that can lead to twice as many wrinkles.  Ako rin hindi gaano natutulog...."

Nicole was flabbergasted.  This person was berating her.

"Bastos 'tong dambuhalang ito—-," she thought to herself.

"Salamat, Miss Biazon. May nagsabi na ba sa'yo na you have an excellent way with words," Nicole said sarcastically,  flustered as hell.

"Well, no. I am not good with words... concerned lang ako wala kang tulog at habang tumatanda — mas masama yun," Vinny explained but she suddenly halted. 

She caught herself, figuring out she was not quite coming across as caring as she thought.

The elevator was dinging continuously, Nicole realized she was blocking the way.

She stepped back as she entered the elevator.  Hitting floor 5, trying to ignore the younger woman in front of her.

Then to her surprise, Vinny stepped into the elevator with her.

"Vinny?? Y-yes? Anoba? May skin regimen ka pa ba na ibibigay? Oil of Olay? Susundan mo ba ako pa-CR?"

"You are so weird, Ma'am Nicole. Weirder than me.  That says a lot.  Hindi ako gagamit ng CR.  May meeting ako sa fifth floor.  Back to back meetings ako," Vinny curved her lips, she crossed her arms and leaned on the wooden railings while her eyes peered at Nicole.