Chapter Six : The Promise of Never

And soon, it was typed on that Google Doc

Rebound Theory Notes by Vinny:

Consider the rebound.

—————

Nicole did not know what went through her mind when she rejected Andre Cenidoza. She knew it had been her plan to at least have him as a steady date.

She just remembered how she had to say no to him.  How she had to run.  To see her.

How she could not even bear it.

How her heart thudded when she saw the missed calls.

She remembered how she felt that night. Every single sensation.

How her body felt anguished and fatigued when she learned she would not be able to reach Vinny. Her thoughts were in a daze as she asked the Grab driver to drop her off to that old carnival as if brief memories of Vinny could be a remedy. Like quick medicine.

And how she felt revived again when she saw her weirdong higante by the ferris wheel.

Vinny Biazon may have math for probabilities and coincidences.

But for Nicole she prayed for that coincidence. She closed her eyes and prayed to see her.

Nicole told God that she knew what her heart longed for.

Better yet—- she knew who.

She knew who made her stomach loop in peaks as if her soul was about to jump through her skin.  She knew whose habits and weird actuations invaded her everyday senses.   She knew who she related anyone and anything to.

She knew who brought her not only boldness but comfort.

Though her invading thoughts had seemed to reprimand her of her choice that night.   Every single other fiber of her being knew who she really wanted that night.