prelude

'PHOENIX - A PRELUDE'

THE phoenix. Everyone knows it some way, somehow. The myth of the bird that rose from the ashes. Some people admire its resilience while others call it rebellious. The myth and symbol of the phoenix represents Silas perfectly.

Silas was never one to listen to authority or even hierarchy. He marched to the beat of his own drum — well until the draft.

Never the type to engage in such violence, his calling was surprising yet exhilarating. A skilled archer, he knew that he wasn't one to be overlooked or underestimated. However, some people just do things better than others.

Finnick Odair. A previous winner — and everything Silas was not. Incredibly strong — Silas was, by no means, scrawny, but Finnick outweighed him in this instance. Finnick was undeniably quick and could find anything and use it to his advantage.

Nonetheless, Silas was always one to see the bigger picture — rebellion. What mattered to Silas was not just winning the Hunger Games but sending the clearest message to President Snow — you cannot break me.

When the Games were done, he'd make sure to take every drop of blood spilled and bring hellfire to the Capitol, all while shooting an arrow right between Snow's eyes.

The thought of it made him smile.

author's note — i hope u enjoyed this little intro i'm really bad at explaining stuff interestingly