Chapter Ten: The Innocent Giant

Y/N POV

I woke up the next day and was about to get up from the bed, but before I did. I felt some pressure on my chest. I looked down and found my "best friend", still peacefully asleep on top of me while her arms were wrapped around my body.

As I looked down at her, I suddenly remembered what transpired last night and I felt my face went extremely hot.

"T-that was a-uh..." I thought flustered "something."

While my mind was racing with thoughts and emotions. A smile slowly crept to my face and I was smiling like a bloody idiot, as my heart started beating uncontrollably.

I then wrapped my arms around Hermione, I didn't mind that she was resting on top of me and I didn't want her to wake up. I honestly don't know what would happen if I accidentally woke her up, so I just stayed there, waiting for the bushy-haired girl to rise from her slumber. And eventually she did.

I saw her eyes open slowly, while I looked at her with a warm smile on my face

"Morning, 'Mione." I said as she raised her head from my chest.

"Morning, Y/N." She said with a small tired smile.

Hermione then had a realization and said "I have to stay here at the Hospital Wing, do I?"

"Unfortunately, you do, 'Mione." I said with a sympathetic smile and she slowly sat up, I then saw her tail.

"Besides, you still have a cat tail." I pointed out and Hermione looked behind her to see the tail, while I sat up.

"But I'll come to visit you to give you the work you missed and chat once in a while, okay?" I added

Hermione looked at me with an equal look of sadness and disappointment, but she still smiled.

"I'd like that, Y/N." She said "Hope you all have fun today."

"Thanks, 'Mione. Get well soon." I replied with a warm smile as she hugged me tightly. "I'll see you soon, alright?"

"Okay." She said and I returned the hug.

" She said and I returned the hug