Chapter 8❤

ETHAN'S POV:

  I picked up my phone to call Kayla,her phone was ringing, she picked up immediately.
  Hey,
Hi,how are you enjoying your new relationship? She asked giggling.
Um...that's the reason why I called you Kayla, I replied changing my tone already.
What happened? She asked with concern.
Actually, I think I still love Riley, I don't know what to do Kayla.
Um..how did you find out that you still love Riley?
Okay...anytime she is with Hardin...I.. I am not always myself, I don't feel comfortable.
I even pour out my anger on Halsey. She complained about my recent attitude, she also found out I was interested in someone else,so she broke up with me.
You mean Hardin Walter? She asked
Yeah,why?...he is the one
You always pour your anger on Halsey,why? Kayla wasn't happy.
  I don't know...I thought I loved Halsey, but I was wrong.
I didn't realise it,it was only because I thought I needed someone to complete me.
Okay,so you have broken up with Halsey?
She broke up with me, I said.
She did the right thing,Ethan
I told you Ethan,before going into a relationship with Halsey, I told you,you don't like her,you only think you do.
Yeah...yeah...you did,I said
So,what are you going to do? Kayla asked.
I don't know, I will probably just stay on my lane and try to get over Riley in order not to complicated things.
Awnn...poor you,gotta go, she said
Okay,bye, I said as I hung up the phone...I sighed and then threw my phone onto the bed.

*       *        *         *         *       *      *     *    

RILEY'S POV:

I was on my way to the class room ,when Rachel and Halsey were walking towards me and smiling,I wondered why.
  Good morning Riley, Rachel and Halsey chorused as they stopped on their track and i also did the same.
  Good morning, I said.
Um...I already returned your assignment note to your locker,thanks, Rachel said.
  You are welcome, I replied.
Yeah...Riley, well there is a surprise in your locker,she said as she and Hasley kept smiling.
  Ohh,really??...what surprise?
Yeah...when you get to your desk,you would see it. They said as they continued walking down the road.

*        *         *       *        *        *        *   
  I opened my locker, yet I found nothing, i opened the assignment note, a whit envelope fell off, I picked it up and opened it, i found the drawing of a girl's face and a boy's face,there were love stickers all over the paper,in the middle of the drawing,there was a designed text that says "Riley loves Hardin". At the edge of the paper, "Hardin's art " was written. Did I mention he was also good in drawing?
I dropped the book back inside the locker, suddenly there was a hand blindfolding my eyes.
  Who is it? I asked...it wasn't the hand of a female thought.  I turned my body towards the person,I was able to remove the hand. It was Hardin,my heart skipped a beat immediately.
  Oh,hi Hardin,I said as he stood there smiling. It suddenly occurred to me that we were the only ones in the class...I guess I was too early, I thought to myself.
  How was your night?he asked both hands in his pockets.
  Great...awesome...thanks, I replied knowing fully well it wasn't awesome, it was just a regular night.
Ok then,I stopped by to say "Hello"
Okay....thanks, I said shyly
Right...off you go,i said as he took a step and started walking down to his classroom...I sat on my chair and placed my head on my locker, I heard a footstep, I raised my head up to look  at who it was, and there come Ethan...I whispered to myself...this was going to be awkward. I stood up from my chair and left the classroom.

*      *       *      *        *        *       *        *

  I got back to the classroom, the classroom was in a decorum,there were still little noise in the class.  I didn't see Lyla in the class, she could have wandered off,I thought. I went to sit on my chair,Ethan came forward to my desk and sat in his usual style.
  Hi Riley, he said.
Hey,I replied keeping my focus on my desk and then I finally looked up at him,if he has anything to say .
It's been a while, he finally said.
  Yeah...I know, I replied facing back down on my desk,I turned to open my bag,I brought out a note,it should be able to serve as a distraction, I thought.
  So,what's going on? He asked
Um...nothing, I said flipping through pages .
  Alright then,um...he was interrupted by me.
  Look Ethan,if you have nothing to talk about, can you just leave for me to concentrate?
Oh,I'm sorry,I didn't know I was disturbing, he said as he left for his desk.
I suddenly thought of a moment I had with him. It was on Christmas Carol day, Lyla was among the choristers, I wasn't interested in the Carol,I left the hall to go back to my class with my Christmas cap on my head. I sat on my desk,not quite long,he came to sit beside me on Rachel's desk,like he was trailing me or something.  I didn't bother raising my head up to check who it was.
   Hey...um..what are you doing here? He asked me as he kept his hand on my shoulder.
  Nothing really,I just want to stay here cause I really don't have any interest in the Carol,I replied raising my head up.
  We were both in the class talking about random things, he held my finger throughout our conversation. I left my world of fantasy when I saw Leonardo coming towards my desk. What the fuck does he want from me? I thought, I just have to let all this stuff get away from my head,I remembered Nanny Loreal saying she wasn't going to intrude in my private life, I was only going to make the right decision, I thought to myself.  Leonardo finally got to my locker, his face looking like a little child that has is been scolded for doing something wrong.
  Hi...Riley,he waved at me. I waved back without looking up.